Windows 10: Continually Losing Screen Brightness Adjustment + Screen Stays Dim

Discus and support Continually Losing Screen Brightness Adjustment + Screen Stays Dim in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there - I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1809 on an Asus UX-331 (i7-8559U; 8GB RAM). I'm having problems with my either monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NeilBalan, Apr 10, 2019.

1. NeilBalan Win User

Continually Losing Screen Brightness Adjustment + Screen Stays Dim

Hi there -

I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1809 on an Asus UX-331 (i7-8559U; 8GB RAM).

I'm having problems with my either monitor adapter or display adapter driver (Intel HD Graphics 620). I'm continually losing the ability to adjust screen brightness and am left with a dim screen. It's been happening since the 1809 update

I've tried to undertake the fixes suggested by Microsoft and others by working through Device Manager: uninstall and reinstall the General PnP driver on the monitor and restart; and select the 620 driver instead of the generic Microsoft driver after opting to 'update driver'. [https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4026946/windows-10-change-screen-brightness]

Both fix the brightness issue temporarily after a restart, but after the box hibernates or sleeps or restarts again the brightness issue returns. Boo.

Any ideas?

Also, worth adding: when opting for an automatic driver update for the 620, Device Manager states the the display adapter driver is up to date but it's current to last legacy driver Intel makes available for the 620. I know that the newer DCH driver updates are available, and I've considered manually updating the driver but haven't for fear of there being problems or of not being able to rollback.

Will a new DCH driver update solve this?

:)

NeilBalan, Apr 10, 2019
  2. CarlCappo Win User

Windows 10 screen brightness is dim

Original title: ASUS PT2001 with Win 10 screen brightness

When running on battery power screen automatically dims. My area is very bright and I have trouble viewing a dim screen. I have to bring the power cord where ever the monitor is located to increase the brightness. Is there no setting to adjust this?

CarlCappo, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Lsteimel Win User
    Screen dim and can't adjust

I screwed up..... My laptop locked up and I ran my hand across all the keys and my screen went dim. I can't get it bright again. I must have hit a combination of keys that caused the problem. I have tried suggestions people have posted but nothing seems to work, any ideas?

Lsteimel, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Continually Losing Screen Brightness Adjustment + Screen Stays Dim

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Continually Losing Screen Brightness Adjustment + Screen Stays Dim

1. Continually Losing Screen Brightness Adjustment + Screen Stays Dim - Similar Threads - Continually Losing Screen

2. No screen brightness adjust.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No screen brightness adjust.: Ok so I have two AOC 24G2 monitors, and I have downloaded the drivers from AOC and installed them. I have fully updated windows, mobo, and gpu drivers. And I have followed this entire guideline, and still have no brightness adjuster anywhere. For the power options I do not...
  3. screen brightness icon stays on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen brightness icon stays on screen: my screen brightness icon stays on the screen at the lowest light level. When I try to adjust to a brighter setting it will adjust to a brighter setting but goes back to the lowest setting and the icon stays on screen. I am not to tech so please walk me threw a fix if poss....
  4. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...
  5. Adjusting screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adjusting screen brightness.: Since I updated my laptop to the newest version of windows, I have found that I can't turn up/down the brightness. The brightness keys are not working, also in the notification panel there is no slider to adjust the brightness. Furthermore, the night light is also not...
  6. Screen Brightness dims automatically

Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  7. screen staying bright

screen staying bright: My screen was bright all night. It stopped resting, or going dormant, or whatever you call it. Can you help me? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-staying-bright/1cafbf28-ba82-4e90-8e67-63e98b3f350f
  8. Screen brightness adjustment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen brightness adjustment: Facts: Windows 10, ASUS 430U. Recently my screen brightness can no longer be adjusted. Whether I go into settings or tap on my keyboard symbols or hit the screen brightness icon in notifications, the brightness does not adjust up or down. Called ASUS, they had me do a...
  9. Screen brightness keeps adjusting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen brightness keeps adjusting: Every 10 sec's I get a bleep and the screen brightens or darkens alternatively. Any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-brightness-keeps-adjusting/91282db6-c7be-414b-8073-2824d1714d84
  10. Screen dim and can't adjust

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dim and can't adjust: I screwed up..... My laptop locked up and I ran my hand across all the keys and my screen went dim. I can't get it bright again. I must have hit a combination of keys that caused the problem. I have tried suggestions people have posted but nothing seems to work, any ideas?...