Windows 10: Continued 1809 issues / upgrade from 1803, ctfmon, copy paste issues, screen flashes

Discus and support Continued 1809 issues / upgrade from 1803, ctfmon, copy paste issues, screen flashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi everyone, I upgraded Windows 10 1803 to 1809, plus installed all latest updates (incl. January 2019), but I am still facing multiple issues: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yannis, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Yannis Win User

Continued 1809 issues / upgrade from 1803, ctfmon, copy paste issues, screen flashes

hi everyone,

I upgraded Windows 10 1803 to 1809, plus installed all latest updates (incl. January 2019), but I am still facing multiple issues:

1. Usually on 1st boot, I just get a flashing toolbar and nothing else --> I have to reboot

2. On 2nd boot login takes some time, then I get to the desktop, but multiples things don't work, like: typing in the Start menu search bar or in Edge, copying / pasting between e.g. Sticky notes or Edge and any other program. To get over this, I have to manually run ctfmon, which enables typing but not copying / pasting

I can't rollback (unfortunately), and I have already tried several fixes proposed in other forums, like e.g. sfc, etc.

Any idea on how to resolve these issues?

:)

Yannis, Jan 11, 2019

2. Copy and paste W10 not working when copy and pasting files in flash drive

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be gad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Is the issue with particular Flash drive?
    • Are you able to copy and past with in Windows?
    • What is the format of the Flash drive?
    To isolate the issue I suggest you check using the flash drive in different port and check. If the issue persists, I suggest you to check with different flash drive and check if you are facing the same issue.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    copy & paste issue

Hello Charlie,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• When did the issue occur?
    • Did you make any recent changes before the issue occur?
    • Do you get any error code or messages?
    • Does the issue also occur in WordPad or Notepad? We suggest you to do this step to isolate the issue.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Continued 1809 issues / upgrade from 1803, ctfmon, copy paste issues, screen flashes

COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Continued 1809 issues / upgrade from 1803, ctfmon, copy paste issues, screen flashes

1. Continued 1809 issues / upgrade from 1803, ctfmon, copy paste issues, screen flashes - Similar Threads - Continued 1809 issues

2. Copy and Paste Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and Paste Issues: Whatever 'enhancement' you put in to Windows for Copy and Paste has made that function very unreliable. This is Copy and Paste. It worked reliably for years. Make it work again. Blocking and tackling here....
  3. Copy and paste issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and paste issue: I have been dealing with this issue for quite some time now and have not come across any fixes for it so I'm at a loss at what to do. What is basically happening is I try to copy and paste anything, then a few moments later the paste is blank, I open up the clipboard history...
  4. Copy and paste issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste issue: I have been dealing with this issue for quite some time now and have not come across any fixes for it so I'm at a loss at what to do. What is basically happening is I try to copy and paste anything, then a few moments later the paste is blank, I open up the clipboard history...
  5. Copy and paste issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Copy and paste issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy and paste issue: Copy and paste using keyboard shortcuts AND right click menu randomly breaks after a while and needs a restart to fix. Is there a way to fix it so I dont need to restart every time it breaks?...
  7. copy paste issue

copy paste issue: hi, some of our users not able to do copy and paste in windows 10, we check all possible solutions, updating windows system disk check from safe mode but non of these work please help. after restart the computer it fix for while thanks....
  8. Copy/Paste issue

Copy/Paste issue: I am attempting to copy/paste messages in Gmail and when I do my company logo pops up on top of every message out of the blue. This has never happened until this past week. I have not updated any Windows or Gmail programs. Its becoming annoying having to delete this...
  9. Copy and Paste Issue

Copy and Paste Issue: Hello, I’ve recently run into an issue when I copy and paste from a word document to a discussion board I’m a college student. It seems that a previous document pastes instead of the actually document I copied. I’ve used different browsers, cleared cache/cookies and it...
  10. Ongoing 1803/1809 Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ongoing 1803/1809 Upgrade Issues: For the past month and a half I've been rolling out 1803 to my organization. About 20%-30% of the computers will fail though and it is almost always the same issue: 0xC1900101-0x4000D - Install failed in the SECOND BOOT phase with an error during the MIGRATE DATA operation....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 copy and paste issue

2. build 1809 copy and paste screen

3. post update 1809 edge is crashing on copy/paste