Windows 10: Continued failure to update Cumlative Updates

Discus and support Continued failure to update Cumlative Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why do the cumulative updates fail to install on a win 10 laptop when you check for updates???? Version = 20H2 OS build = 19042.630 There were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BruceLague, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Continued failure to update Cumlative Updates

Why do the cumulative updates fail to install on a win 10 laptop when you check for updates????

Version = 20H2

OS build = 19042.630

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80073701

This is an continuing problem. All other updates will install without problems

:)

BruceLague, Jan 13, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jan 13, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Continued failure to update Cumlative Updates

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Continued failure to update Cumlative Updates

1. Continued failure to update Cumlative Updates - Similar Threads - Continued failure update

2. PC update failure continuously since 1.5 months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC update failure continuously since 1.5 months: My PC not updating, showing error or green screen of death , even it updated and used all 8GB space and then gsod , and I joined Insider Program in June by mistake and when left then also insider build in problem , please answer as soon as possible or I have to switch to...
  3. Continuous Update failures

Continuous Update failures: I am currently running windows 10 Home 1803. Whenever I attempt to update my PC or my PC is automatically updated, I become stuck in the 'undoing changes made to your PC' reboot loop. Safe Mode does not fix this problem, manually enabling it from installation media does not...
  4. Continuous updates

Continuous updates: I know you want to update to avoid attackers, but every updates can usually damage my PC and I need to wait like 1 hour or 5 hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuous-updates/0ec4523e-2cf2-4546-9078-8939b6c001f7
  5. Photo viewer no longer works after Cumlative Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo viewer no longer works after Cumlative Update: Updated to 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version1909 for x64 based Systems KB4551762. System setup with me as administrator and second logon profile for spouse. For second user, no photos on desktop or in Outlook 2016 email attachments can be viewed. When...
  6. Update failure

Update failure: Windows 10 update in settings is cycling around and not downloading. Have tried the troubleshooter and getting nowhere. I paused for 2 days and tried again with same result. Any suggestions appreciated....
  7. Windows 10 Version 1903 update continuous failure.

Windows 10 Version 1903 update continuous failure.: I have a Dell Inspiron All-in-One computer which came with Windows 10 Home edition. The new update continually downloads then is unable to install sucking up all my bandwith. I get this error code: 0x80070005 There is no way to stop it from downloading again and again....
  8. Update failure

Update failure: Last night I've updated my windows to version 1903, but now it's not booting... I can't restore previous point[IMG] Still I can't go further https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-failure/6b4fe391-f7d8-40d6-a853-e0d9a4c7925d
  9. Favorites folder flagged by NTFS after latest cumlative update

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites folder flagged by NTFS after latest cumlative update: After the update to 14393.187 all the url files in my favorites folder have the popup "File Download - Security Warning". It only does it when I open them from my toolbar or favorites folder. If I open Edge first then access my favorites they open fine. I have a lot of url...
  10. Cumlative update windows 10 (KB3156387) stuck at 44%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumlative update windows 10 (KB3156387) stuck at 44%: For some reason when I update to the Cumlative update windows 10 (KB3156387) it gets stuck at 44% and then uninstalled the update. I see on other forums it works for some & others it does not. Any solution? 50678