Windows 10: continued MS Update problems - unsatisfactory responses

Discus and support continued MS Update problems - unsatisfactory responses in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am continuing to have a problem updating beyond Win10 pro 64bit build 1709! When the new updates are installed and system is restarted, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanRucker, Jun 18, 2019.

1. DanRucker Win User

continued MS Update problems - unsatisfactory responses

I am continuing to have a problem updating beyond Win10 pro 64bit build 1709!

When the new updates are installed and system is restarted, my webserver suite software (Santronics Software's Winserver) appears to be running however no incoming connections are completed from the outside world to the wildcat! services.

I am certain there is some sort mismatch for the firewall settings in the updated (beyond build 1709) Windows 10 system and the existing 1709 install.

I have delayed the windows updates long enough now, and if I do not pay close attention to the system, it auto-installs and restarts, leaving me with websites and services that are not available to the outside world/customers/clients.

This is totally unsatisfactory, and I am also awaiting a solution for this in order that I also take advantage of SSI's recent updated software.

Something in the windows 10 1803(+) update's settings must be affecting the firewall settings for the web server package.

I have exported and imported my existing and operational MS defender firewall policy which doesn't remedy the situation.

Microsoft, please step up to the plate please.

:)

DanRucker, Jun 18, 2019

2. Unsatisfactory Response to my issue

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. If you are still facing the issue, I would suggest you to inform you that Windows Live Mail is an email client which is installed externally. It does not come as part of an Operating System
    as such the fonts are controlled by the application. Is the issue only with fonts on Windows Live Mail? Is so I would suggest you to uninstall Windows Live Essential 2011 and install the latest version i.e.

Windows Live Essential 2012
    and check if it helps.

If fonts for Windows as a whole is not rendering properly, please follow the steps and check:

• Check if Windows accessibility setting is turned on.

• Remove Anti Virus program from the screen and check. Reinstall after you are done troubleshooting.
    • Check the value in registry key at the following location.
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontsStart the computer in a clean boot state and check if the same issue occurs.
      Clean boot
      helps us determine if any third party application might be causing the issue. Do not forget to start the computer in normal mode after you are done troubleshooting.If the issue persists, please use the feedback
      app to provide your valuable suggestions.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Jun 18, 2019
  3. EPGP Win User
    Unsatisfactory Response to my issue

1) No I'm not using a mail app (that I know of). I'm using Windows 10 and my main email is Windows Live 2011.

2) Accessing email account through Outlook as this is what my service provider is Bell and this is what they use. My emails go through Outlook and transferred to Windows Live. I can increase my Font size on Outlook, BUT NOT IN WINDOWS LIVE.....THIS IS
    THE PROBLEM I'D LIKE YOU TO SOLVE AS I WAS ABLE TO DO SO WHEN I WAS USING WINDOWS 7.

continued MS Update problems - unsatisfactory responses [​IMG]

YOUR PROFILE |
    FAQ

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Sudheendra S.
    Title:
    Unsatisfactory Response to my issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like know the details below to assist you better.

• Are you using any email clients or Mail app?
    • How are you accessing the email account?
    You can also post a screen shoot about the issue to get a better clarity about the issue.

4. continued MS Update problems - unsatisfactory responses

MS Battery Saver same problem

ALL of the mentioned steps NOT WORKING for me. MS Battery Saver continues to be listed as "installing" in applications and shows 80073cf9 on updating.

SirWilfried, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

continued MS Update problems - unsatisfactory responses

1. continued MS Update problems - unsatisfactory responses - Similar Threads - continued Update problems

2. Windows 10 Continuing Update Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Continuing Update Problem: Can anyone tell me how to get past the following Windows 10 update problem? Windows downloads the update and begins installing with the following message -“2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441Status: Installing - 0%” After trying...
  3. Windows 10 Continuing Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Continuing Update Problem: Can anyone tell me how to get past the following Windows 10 update problem? Windows downloads the update and begins installing with the following message -“2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441Status: Installing - 0%” After trying...
  4. MS Forms - Notifications/Responses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Forms - Notifications/Responses: Hello,I am creating a form but all of the responses will be sent to my personal work email where I want everything to be directed to a shared inbox, how can I do this?Thanks,...
  5. MS Forms - Notifications/Responses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Forms - Notifications/Responses: Hello,I am creating a form but all of the responses will be sent to my personal work email where I want everything to be directed to a shared inbox, how can I do this?Thanks,...
  6. The problem continues...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The problem continues...: Check out my other post about my problem to understand what's going on: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ethernet-on-my-computer-is-just-confusing/61ea3a31-f19d-4ff1-a3a1-8e75d819137a So my problem went away! For about 3 days. Then yesterday,...
  7. Problems continue after WIN updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems continue after WIN updates: 3 weeks ago Updates totally disrupted my computer and it failed to recognize me or log me in. Updates were done when I believe the computer was in hibernation mode at night. I did system restore to restore functionality and have only manually updated since then, Today Edge...
  8. my computer security is unsatisfactory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my computer security is unsatisfactory: how do I setup rules for my windows 10 security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-security-is-unsatisfactory/5e73c449-a353-4db0-a704-9b0de2683505"
  9. continuing problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    continuing problems: so i have few problams first i caNT USE MY START BUTTON OR RIGHT CLICK nything on the task bar and when i do thge updaTE for windows 10 it make my pc run really hot NS WHEN MY GAME IS ON IT MAKES THE CPU RUN AT 80-95% WHEN ITS SUPPOSED TO RUN MAX 20% NOW I TRIED DOING THE 4...
  10. MS Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Update Problem: I have installed the last update to Windows 10 64bit to give me version 1703. The install went as planned and rebooted correctly. For three times installing that update and having a successful reboot, but each time a second reboot was needed the reboot failed. The...