Windows 10: continued upgrade error with Windows Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 - possibly due to...

Discus and support continued upgrade error with Windows Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 - possibly due to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have been trying every now and then for about a year now to update my Windows 10 to version 1903 but it fails every single time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeRaTie, Aug 13, 2019.

1. JeRaTie Win User

continued upgrade error with Windows Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 - possibly due to...

Hello everyone,

I have been trying every now and then for about a year now to update my Windows 10 to version 1903 but it fails every single time with the error 0xc1900101.

I read several threads on this website about this topic and tried at least some of the suggestions - update drivers, using Scannow, etc. - but so far nothing has worked. Every time I use the update, the laptop or at least the screen freezes while updating when the update arrives at around 30-40%.

However, I think I might know at least the origin of the problem (though definitely not the solution!). About a year ago, my Nvidia graphics card stopped working and caused my laptop to run extremely hot and freeze indefinitely within a very short period of time after turning on the laptop. I noticed yesterday after the last failed update that the device manager suddenly listed an unnamed "3D Video Controller" again and sure enough my laptop would freeze unless I deactivated it immediately after a restart. The same kind of freeze happens during the Update.

Does anyone have a suggestion how I could fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for the help!

:)

JeRaTie, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

continued upgrade error with Windows Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 - possibly due to...

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. continued upgrade error with Windows Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 - possibly due to... - Similar Threads - continued upgrade error

2. Windows 10 version update/upgrade and possible errors on computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version update/upgrade and possible errors on computer: I am in the process of trying to prepare for a version update/upgrade? from 1809 to 1909 on my secondary computer which is due to become my primary computer. I am not very tech savvy so I am hoping for some easy to understand and execute advice. I have looked at some of...
  3. Upgrading windows 10 to version 1903

Upgrading windows 10 to version 1903: I have been trying to upgrade my machine for the last two months on and off, and it is currently getting stuck at 60% and reports that it is unable to install some windows components. I have run setupdiag and it gives me the error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found....
  4. Windows 10 Version 1903 update continuous failure.

Windows 10 Version 1903 update continuous failure.: I have a Dell Inspiron All-in-One computer which came with Windows 10 Home edition. The new update continually downloads then is unable to install sucking up all my bandwith. I get this error code: 0x80070005 There is no way to stop it from downloading again and again....
  5. Windows 10 version 1903 Updates Continuously Failing

Windows 10 version 1903 Updates Continuously Failing: PC keeps trying to update and just displays "Updated Failed" dialog box. Have been trying for months to determine the cause. I have an ASUS i7-3930 64bit core w/64GB ram and 256GB SSD for the OS with 30GB free. I have other drives for docs and backup, but disconnected...
  6. upgrading to 1903 version Windows 10

upgrading to 1903 version Windows 10: I was unable to upgrade from version 1803 to 1903, W 10. (It takes a long time due to a skipped version.) Windows tech tried, stilled failed. It was downloading and preparing, but when it came to final install and restarting several times, it failed. W tech put an iOS file on...
  7. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR TO 1903 VERSION

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR TO 1903 VERSION: ITS NOT GETTING completed....showing error 0xc190012e. tried multiple times..........plese solve issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error-to-1903-version/3daec13e-6958-4f5d-badc-92afaf2966de
  8. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10, version 1903, due to Avira files

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10, version 1903, due to Avira files: Since a long time ago that I’ve been trying to install the version1903 from W10. Every time I try to install it there is a message saying: Uninstall the Antivirus Avira because it’s not compatible with W10. I had Avira installed some years ago, but changed to another...
  9. Windows 10 version 1903 Update Error

Windows 10 version 1903 Update Error: This is the set-up log file and hoping that someone can decipher for me: 2019-06-11 13:32:50, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl<class CDlpErrorImpl<class CDlpObjectInternalImpl<class CUnknownImpl<class IMoSetupDlpAction> > > >::Suspend(1253): Result =...
  10. windows 10 version 1903 upgrade

windows 10 version 1903 upgrade: Error code: (0x80070570) when installing windows 10. I have tried to update 3 times. What is wrong? Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903-upgrade/14f69610-895c-4c77-bd52-8bc8507e77d2