Windows 10: continuing backup dvd needs to be formatted?

Discus and support continuing backup dvd needs to be formatted? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Continuing backup dvd needs to be formatted? I continue DVD Backup (System 7) on laptop with Win10 64. Backup asks for a specific DVD from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Waynecnc, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Waynecnc Win User

continuing backup dvd needs to be formatted?

Continuing backup dvd needs to be formatted? I continue DVD Backup (System 7) on laptop with Win10 64. Backup asks for a specific DVD from the previous backup. I insert it and then the program does not recognize it and asks for a blank or to format the current disk. This seems wrong. Should I format the current disk? Will this compromise or erase the existing data? Out of frustration, so far, I have chosen to stop the backup.

:)

Waynecnc, Apr 23, 2019

2. backup protected dvds

I want to create backup copies of my favorite DVD collections and I tried Nero but it said that the DVDs are protected. I tried looking for another software and I found this list of DVD copy software that claimed to be the best for copying protected DVDs. I need a feedback from someone who has tried using any of these software before I'll buy one. I just want to make sure so I can burn my DVDs and not my money. If you have any other suggestions or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

BurningNewbie, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Format Un-Writable DVD.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Is your disc a Re-Writable DVD disc or a Writable disc?
    2. What is the name of the disk?

A Re-Writable DVD disc is a compact disc that can be written, read arbitrarily many times, erased, and written again.

If you are using a Re-Writable disc, then follow the below steps to erase the contents of the disk completely.

Note: Erasing the contents of the disk will delete all the data that is present on the disk, so please backup the data before erasing the disk.

Make sure that your drive has the ability to write DVDs, otherwise, you won't be able to erase, reformat, or write new data the disc.

Step 1: Insert the DVD into your DVD drive and in the
    Autoplay
    dialog box, click Burn files to disk using Windows Explorer. If you don't see the dialog box, click the
    Start button, click This PC, and then double-click your DVD drive.

Step 2: In the Burn a Disk dialog, type a name for the disk and choose a format for the DVD. There are two different formatting options for rewritable DVDs.

• Click like a USB flash drive if you want to use the Live File System format. These discs can be played in computers, but not in most DVD players. Use this format if you want to back upfiles on your computer. Files will be burned to disc
      as you add them.
    • Click with a CD/DVD player if you want to use the Mastered format. These discs can be played in CD/DVD players, as well as in computer DVD players. Use this format if you want to playmusic or video from your DVD. Files will be burned to
      disc all at once, when you're done adding them.

Step 4: Once you've selected your formatting method, the drive will prepare the disc. This may take a few moments. After it's finished, you'll be able to start adding files to the disc.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 23, 2019
  4. continuing backup dvd needs to be formatted?

formatting dvd wondows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to inform that only a Rewritable DVD can be formatted. To format a DVD/RW, follow the steps below:

• Insert the DVD/RW in the DVD drive.
    • Open This PC (Windows key + E).
    • Right click on the DVD drive and select Format.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

continuing backup dvd needs to be formatted?

1. continuing backup dvd needs to be formatted? - Similar Threads - continuing backup dvd

2. Unable to format dvd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format dvd: Unable to format DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-format-dvd/8f7d7999-02cc-432e-ad72-210930f9d433
  3. Unable to format dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to format dvd: Unable to format DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-format-dvd/8f7d7999-02cc-432e-ad72-210930f9d433
  4. Formatting an installation DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting an installation DVD: To whom it may concern,As shown in the image, I currently have a Windows 10 CD from 2015. When it is used to install Windows 10 on a computer, it installs version 1511 which is outdated. For this reason, I have two questions related to the CD. Would a Windows 10 CD purchased...
  5. format a used dvd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    format a used dvd: Is it possible to format an already full dvd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-a-used-dvd/1b537f66-b1d1-4bbb-a7eb-84bbf6322410
  6. Format DVD Rw

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Format DVD Rw: i accidentally close session of the DVD of 8GB of DVD disk i want to format that disk in order to replace the files but i cant format that disk like before and how can i do that...
  7. Formatting DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting DVD: I am trying to format a DVD-R. My PC seems to think it's a DVD RW, Yes, I know for a fact that it's a DVD-R, It asks me how I want to format it. I say "Like a USB drive." It spins, and eventually gives me an "unable to format error." I have gone through 5 DVD's so far,...
  8. can't format dvd

can't format dvd: I inserted a blank dvd, but I have no option to format it -- which is requested? How do I format it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-format-dvd/d07d85a2-c8f4-4048-bd6b-99ab8e1771d5
  9. format a dvd disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    format a dvd disk: Format does not appear on the menu when I right click on the drive. All of the instructions I have seen about formatting refer to things I don't see anywhere. How do I format a blank never before used DVD disk?...
  10. DVD formatting options

DVD formatting options: For the inbuilt and DVD drive I see the following option: UDF 1.0 UDF 1.5 UDF 2.0 UDF 2.01 (DEFAULT) UDF 2.50 No options for ISO 9660, Joliet, HFS+ I have downloaded ImageBurn and it gives me the option to format in IS)9660 and UDF. On my Mac, I formatted to UDF<...