Windows 10: Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new...

Discus and support Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not doing anything in particular it seems to be random!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aaron_MT, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Aaron_MT Win User

Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new...

Not doing anything in particular it seems to be random!

:)

Aaron_MT, Jan 11, 2021
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 11, 2021
  3. kulasdq Win User
    nmi_hardware_failure

yes, im still running some other tests and taking screen prints.

- - - Updated - - -

Memtest86

Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new... [​IMG]

Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new... [​IMG]

Intel Processor Diag

Windows Diag

- - - Updated - - -

Seatool

HD Tune

- - - Updated - - -

UEFI

- - - Updated - - -

uploading memory dump file, but its pretty big. over 1g

- - - Updated - - -

rerunning tuneup now

kulasdq, Jan 11, 2021
  4. jimhoyle Win User

Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new...

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new... - Similar Threads - Continuing getting restart

2. PLEASE HELP! Continuous Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP! Continuous Blue Screens: Hello everyone, I have now posted on here twice and still am experiencing issues. I am consistently getting blue screen crashes on my computer. Some context, I consistently get BSODs with error codes: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE...
  3. PLEASE HELP! Continuous Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE HELP! Continuous Blue Screens: Hello everyone, I have now posted on here twice and still am experiencing issues. I am consistently getting blue screen crashes on my computer. Some context, I consistently get BSODs with error codes: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE...
  4. PLEASE HELP! Continuous Blue Screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. nmi_hardware_failure

nmi_hardware_failure: HP desktop, HP Envy TE01 series, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.207) Blue screen happens randomly, all has the same error code. Contacted HP support and did all the troubleshooting, couldn't identify the root cause (passed all the tests). Then they sent me a recovery media to...
  6. HP Win10 constant blue screen nmi_hardware_failure

HP Win10 constant blue screen nmi_hardware_failure: My hp desktop has this same blue screen constantly, and it always happens around the same time each month 28-31st. Contacted hp support and did all the possible trouble shooting but couldn't identify the problem all tests passed. Then they sent me a recovery media and...
  7. Need help with blue screen: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

Need help with blue screen: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: I bought a new desktop of win 10 a few days ago and has already encountered blue screen twice. The stop code is NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE. The only thing I have installed as of now is just google chrome. Blue screen happened when I remote into my workplace computer to do my work...
  8. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: Can someone help me solve this problem i would be so grateful It often occurs when im gaming on geforce now Here is the dump file inf. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19528.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  9. Help! Continuous restart

Help! Continuous restart: Hi, I have an intel processor i9900k, motherboard MSI MPG z390 gaming pro Carbon AC; 32GB RAM Corsair; nVidia Gigabyte 2080Ti windows 10 ver. 1909 18363.476 compilation, and while I'm playing the PC works fine without problem, I still think I could perform more; The problem...
  10. Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: [ATTACH] I have Asus X540Y laptop which I had bought 2 years before. Laptop was running good but since last 5-6 months it was showing blue screen restart issue any time. Initially I was ignoring this issue. But gradually problem was happening more frequent. There was no such...