Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions

Discus and support Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re always working to improve Chrome extensions while keeping our users as safe as possible. In May 2014 we announced a new policy to protect Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 12, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: Chromium Blog: Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions

Brink, May 12, 2015
  2. LEE
    Lee Win User

Thanks for the info. . .*Smile

:)

3. KorbinPerry Win User
    JS/Paco.A Proxy Trojan

Hello everyone!

I've been experiencing a weird type of malware, windows defender is catching this thing several times a day but I cannot find any info on it and where it's coming from.

JS/Paco.A on Windows "Encyclopedia"

That's all the information available via the Microsoft "malware encyclopedia" which labels it as a severe threat. I want to figure out how to get rid of this thing if I can, it's driving me nuts.

Defender always says it finds it in a location like -

"file:C:\Users\Korbin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\0EU83XU0\localhost[1].local"

I've also got Malwarebytes picking up something that seems related -

Processes: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 2

Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST, HKU\S-1-5-21-3009677750-2374012560-642225824-1001\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS|AutoConfigURL, http://localhost.world/localhost.local, , [111fa081ecaef6401762ec024fb46d93]

Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST, HKU\S-1-5-21-3009677750-2374012560-642225824-1001\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS|AutoConfigURL, http://localhost.world/localhost.local, , [7ab6f8298416b581a5d434ba659e639d]

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 3

PUP.Optional.CrossRider, C:\Users\Korbin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lkadffjmnaiokkdncgdlecdegajoiemi, , [141cef328614270fea2b2e959d65df21],

PUP.Optional.CrossRider, C:\Users\Korbin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lkadffjmnaiokkdncgdlecdegajoiemi\0.1_0, , [141cef328614270fea2b2e959d65df21],

PUP.Optional.CrossRider, C:\Users\Korbin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lkadffjmnaiokkdncgdlecdegajoiemi\0.1_0\_metadata, , [141cef328614270fea2b2e959d65df21],

Files: 2

PUP.Optional.CrossRider, C:\Users\Korbin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lkadffjmnaiokkdncgdlecdegajoiemi\0.1_0\_metadata\computed_hashes.json, , [141cef328614270fea2b2e959d65df21],

PUP.Optional.CrossRider, C:\Users\Korbin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lkadffjmnaiokkdncgdlecdegajoiemi\0.1_0\_metadata\verified_contents.json, , [141cef328614270fea2b2e959d65df21],

Physical Sectors: 0

Does anybody have any ideas? Greatly appreciate any help!

KorbinPerry, May 12, 2015
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Microsoft Edge

For now, Microsoft Edge doesn't support browser extensions. Most security software tries to install web browser extensions to rate search results, protect you from accessing malicious web sites, provide extra security for online banking and shopping, and
    other security features. If these features are important to you, don't use Microsoft Edge.

Edge won't get support for browser extensions until Q1 of 2016 at the earliest. You can use it without security software extensions, but many people rely on those extensions to keep them safe as they search the web. If you want that extra security, use Google
    Chrome or Mozilla Firefox instead of Edge.

BulldogXX, May 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions - Similar Threads - Continuing protect Chrome

2. Stop these screens from appearing

in Browsers and Email
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188
  3. Stop these screens from appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188
  4. Chrome will not open. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome will not open. Windows 10: since the Windows 10 updatea couple of days ago Chrome will not open. It appears to open but the tabs have sad face icons. Internetis fine and if I get to Chrome via another browser it recognises my account and has all my favourites in place. Have tried uninstalling but...
  5. How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown: I made contact with a company using their email address in the form of *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (- I have changed the name to protect the company concerned but the STYLE is the same form) Despite many attempts to remove the said address I am unable to...
  6. [SOLVED]How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SOLVED]How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?: There's an app named "Alarms & Clock". When I launch it and probe it with Sysinternals Process Explorer, I discover that its command line is: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1805.1361.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Time.exe"...
  7. How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?

How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?: There's an app named "Alarms & Clock". When I launch it and probe it with Sysinternals Process Explorer, I discover that its command line is: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1805.1361.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Time.exe"...
  8. How do I change this computer from me to my son !

How do I change this computer from me to my son !: How do I change this computer from me to my son ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-change-this-computer-from-me-to-my-son/d957f812-9d8b-4073-abfc-f5937e12b0d9
  9. Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...

Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...: Restarted photos app several times and refreshed, but the HEIC files in the same folders as JPG files do not show up in the photos app. They dont even show up as grey/blank photos. The photos are from an iPhoneX and were imported by the photos app. The HEIF files open in...
  10. Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows

Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows: I really have this issue with crypto mining rig as they' try to update themselves although I have tried most of the methods to "DISABLE" it. Considering fulling my ssd space right now but I wouldn't like that very much if there's a more practical way to do this...