Windows 10: Continuos BSODs on my new Surface Pro 7

Discus and support Continuos BSODs on my new Surface Pro 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, a month ago i received a replacement for my Surface Pro 7 which had stopped recognizing my keyboard after just three months of having it, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raxeira, Aug 8, 2020.

1. raxeira Win User

Continuos BSODs on my new Surface Pro 7

Hi,

a month ago i received a replacement for my Surface Pro 7 which had stopped recognizing my keyboard after just three months of having it, but the new one is giving me problems yet again. As soon as I got it, it immediately started giving me random BSODs. I spent the last month trying to pin point why and when they happen but they seem to be happening at the most random times and completely unrelated to what I'm doing. I used to think it was because of a faulty graphics card driver, as I had seen my screen glitch a couple of times, and that was fixed by updating manually the driver but the BSODs haven't stopped. Sometimes I even get three a day. I already installed all windows updates and sfc /scannow, chckdsk and the memory diagnostic tool never find any problem. I can't figure out what's wrong.

The most frequent BSODs I get are:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

And I uploaded here the most recent .dmp files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mb5_TBj5__6QfM2YBAxdgsNjWOQHT1zy/view?usp=sharing

Should I believe Microsoft sent me a faulty device?

:)

raxeira, Aug 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro

I just purchased a Surface 7 Pro to upgrade from my Surface 3 with Windows 10 Pro. The Surface 7 Pro has the Windows 10 Home version that I would like to upgrade with Windows 10 Pro but don't know where to find my Product Key. I don't recall purchasing
    and I believe that my last Microsoft Windows update resulted in the Pro version being installed. Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions on where to find the product key so that I can copy and install in my Surface 7 Pro.

MorrisGarcia, Aug 8, 2020
  3. bagler Win User
    Cannot install Microsoft Store apps on new Surface Pro 7

I just purchased a new Surface Pro and I cannot install any apps from the Microsoft Store. I've reset the Store app several times, updated the computer (I'm "up to date"), confirmed that my new device is listed in the Store, turned the BITS (?) system to
    run automatically, ran troubleshoot for the Store, and a few other things.

The funny thing is that I just installed the apps that I'm looking to install on my old Surface Pro 4, without any issues.

Any suggestions?

bagler, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Continuos BSODs on my new Surface Pro 7

Cannot download the NFL App on Surface Pro 7

Recently bought a new Surface Pro 7 and I quickly realized that the NFL App is not downloadable on the Surface Pro. Why is this happening and is there any way to work around it? I had no problem downloading the app on my 2015 Chromebook but I cannot on
    this brand new Surface Pro. My Windows 10 is also up to date. Any suggestions?

Patrick Mrozowski, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Continuos BSODs on my new Surface Pro 7

1. Continuos BSODs on my new Surface Pro 7 - Similar Threads - Continuos BSODs Surface

2. Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION: Hi We have a Surface Pro 7 that keeps blue screening. We enabled driver verifier and please attached bluescreen dump file, it shows the bug string check as SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION, but we can't find out which driver is causing it. If somebody is able to help...
  3. Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION: Hi We have a Surface Pro 7 that keeps blue screening. We enabled driver verifier and please attached bluescreen dump file, it shows the bug string check as SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION, but we can't find out which driver is causing it. If somebody is able to help...
  4. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  5. New Surface Pro 7+ for Business

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 7+ for Business: Surface Pro 7+ for Business, the latest generation of the class defining Surface 2-in-1 delivers next level performance and versatility to commercial enterprises and educational institutions. [ATTACH] Key differences with Surface Pro 7+ for Business: Removable SSD with...
  6. Weird issue on new Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird issue on new Surface Pro 7: I use the same apps and settings on this, my old Dell laptop and my home-built desktop PC. File explorer can not show preview tiles for many image types on the Surface. It shows the image viewer icon only. The same images preview just fine on the other machines. It seems WEBP...
  7. Surface Pro 7 frequently crashes to BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 7 frequently crashes to BSOD: Hi there. Hope someone here may be able to help me out with this issue. I recently bought a Surface Pro 7, and it is bluescreening several times per day, seemingly with a new error message each time. I am also experiencing random restarts without a visible bluescreen. These...
  8. new surface pro 7 startup is not working

new surface pro 7 startup is not working: brand new surface pro says "something went wrong" when trying to start up and select English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-surface-pro-7-startup-is-not-working/7186f354-facf-4529-882e-c5024af02b4d
  9. New Surface Pro 7 BSOD Loop

New Surface Pro 7 BSOD Loop: Hi I have just Purchased a new SP7 yesterday and just finished the setup while waiting for Dropbox files to sync it went into BSOD and now will Loop without stopping....
  10. New Surface Pro 7

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Surface Pro 7: Hi, I have always been a fan of Microsoft until my surface pro 3 - loved it in the beginning however it always had a bit of a bug now and then with the screen. This eventually got worse and worse by the time i found out what the bug was in the touch screen the surface was out...