Windows 10: Continuous Audio Crackles and Pops, Using a DAC

Discus and support Continuous Audio Crackles and Pops, Using a DAC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Community, I am having some persistent audio issues on a recent computer build, and I am getting nowhere with it. The issue has been going on for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Art3ll0, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Art3ll0 Win User

Continuous Audio Crackles and Pops, Using a DAC

Hi Community,

I am having some persistent audio issues on a recent computer build, and I am getting nowhere with it. The issue has been going on for two months. I use a digital audio converter to run my audio through. It is a 1st gen Focusrite 6i6. I produce music using Ableton Live. This build was specifically for music production. The popping and clicking happen during normal useage, like watching online videos, but it is worst of all when I am using Ableton Live. If I am using Spotify, the audio tends to be clear, with maybe an occasional pop or click. If I open Ableton while Spotify is playing, the popping and clicking increases a lot. I have another audio program for production, called Bitwig. This program has occasional pops and clicks, but again, it is not as bad as Live is. I have changed USB cables, tried multiple DACs, including another brand entirely, optimized my PC for audio, tried multiple drivers, and I have had Ableton and Focusrite troubleshoot with me. It seems like this is an issue with something in Windows, but I cannot pinpoint where the trouble lies. I have run a program called LatencyMon. At first, my sata drivers were causing issues. I have disabled those, and not LatencyMon says my PC appears to be capable of handling real-time audio. The highest latency that LatencyMon is showing is usually Kernal Mode Framework. I have had a couple blue screens appear when I am running my audio programs and the error is usuallly IRQ_Not_Less_Or_Equal. Changing the buffer size on the DAC produces no differences in the audio issues. I am sure more information is going to be needed, so can anyone guide me on what to provide, with instructions, so that I could get to the bottom of this? I am wondering if this is due to Windows not working with a computer component properly or something like that, but whatever the issue is, I really want to get to the bottom of this, so I appreciate any help.

Here is my computer hardware setup:

mb: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master

cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

gpu: Sapphire radeon Pulse RX 5700 XT

ssd: One 1TB and one 2TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe PCle M.2 2280 Internal SSD

ram: 64 GB - 4x16GB G.Skillz Trident Z 288-pin 3600MHz

monitor: Samsung CHG90 49-inch 4k ultrawide

DAC: Focusrite 6i6 1st gen

I am happy to provide any information or run any tests, with some guidance. Again, I appreciate any help with this. It's been 2 months since I've been able to produce and mix any music, and it's driving me crazy. Thank you

:)

Art3ll0, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Faith Win User

Audio Pops and Crackling Since May Update 1903

Back to 1809 on this particular machine and everything is fine now. The NT kernel doesn's spike. XLR-USB, 6,3mm, 3,5mm all work correctly without any audio pops. I will not mark this as resolved until this issue is addressed by Microsoft, or until we have a solid explanation to this issue. I will keep my eyes close to the release notes for the cumulative updates for 1903 from here on.

The driver used is both delivered and signed by Microsoft when I checked. I did search for an updated driver using device manager, and after through Windows Update, but I didn't run the troubleshooter though. It had a contemporary date to it if I remember correctly. I don't really have other options for audio drivers. I have always used the driver from Microsoft for pre-amps or DACs in the past without any issues.

@fireberd Did you link your hits to ntoskrln.exe aswell? 1903 seems like it's not even usable if you do audio recording and production. I went back to 1809 and the abnormal spikes are gone. No pops or crackles.

Faith, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Fai9al023 Win User
    Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

I've been having this issue for the past two days, and I've tried everything to no avail.
    Basically this is the issue:
    I get a pop/crackle when I suddenly stop audio.
    What I'm running:

• Schiit Uber Stack.
    • Win 10 PC.
    What I've tried:

• Tried onboard audio, still get the problem.
    • Tried onboard audio on both my PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried my stack on both PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried using a DPC latency checker, everything seems fine there.
    • Tried different headphones just in case, wasn't the issue.
    • Tried changing audio format, still get the problem.
    • +literally tried 99 other things *Tongue

That pop is happening when I suddenly stop the sound effect. I get that pop when a Windows notification shows up. My friend's voice on Discord also pops every couple of seconds (100% sure it's not his mic).
    Any help is appreciated!
    (Just to clarify, I made sure it's not a hardware issue, so something within Win 10 is screwing with me)

I WILL LITERALLY PAYPAL ANYONE WHO FINDS ME A SOLUTION $10 *chuckle

(Yup, I'm losing my mind and I'm that desperate lol)

Fai9al023, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Continuous Audio Crackles and Pops, Using a DAC

Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

USB headphones have never been kind to me. They always hiss, pop and crackle. The fact that you can hear it when no audio is being played suggests it's a power /connection issue.

Do you have any 3.5mm or RCA based headphones you can try?

newconroer, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Continuous Audio Crackles and Pops, Using a DAC

1. Continuous Audio Crackles and Pops, Using a DAC - Similar Threads - Continuous Audio Crackles

2. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio popping and crackling: Hello,Starting this Monday 28/02/2022, all of my audio through wireless USB headsets have started popping and crackling every few seconds. I have now ruled out 2.4ghz interference, I have completely formatted my drive and re-installed Windows 10, yet the issue still persists....
  3. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping and crackling: Hello,Starting this Monday 28/02/2022, all of my audio through wireless USB headsets have started popping and crackling every few seconds. I have now ruled out 2.4ghz interference, I have completely formatted my drive and re-installed Windows 10, yet the issue still persists....
  4. Audio Crackling and Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Crackling and Popping: I bought a new PC very recently and I'm experiencing crackling and popping audio when skipping videos on YouTube or sounds in windows and while playing games. I'm using Razer Kraken Tournament Edition and they are connected via USB on my motherboard. I've searched for days...
  5. Audio Crackle/Popping

Audio Crackle/Popping: Hi guys, Just read through a bunch of threads regarding the infamous Windows Audio popping issue after noticing it while changing volume in Windows. However, I started troubleshooting and I am a bit baffled by the results. I've used multiple audio outputs: Steelseries...
  6. Audio Crackling and Popping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Crackling and Popping: Right so I recorded some gameplay using the Windows Game Bar Recorder, but whenever I play it the audio is indistict due to crackles and pops. This seems to have been recorded since it happens in the same place each time. IS there a way I can fix this? I can't redo any...
  7. Audio Crackling/Popping

Audio Crackling/Popping: My audio faintly crackles and pops when I adjust my volume in Windows 10 submitted by /u/JulianTheCoolKid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g98wc9/audio_cracklingpopping/
  8. Audio popping and crackling

Audio popping and crackling: A few days ago I noticed my headphones popping and crackling, it seems to be a windows issue but I haven’t been able to find a fix, below are the tests I have done HyperX cloud 2 in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles Audio Technica ADG1X in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles...
  9. Audio popping/crackling

Audio popping/crackling: So after gone trough 3 motherboards, I still get popping/crackling sound with Win 10 pro and current Strix Z390-F motherboard. Iv tried updating every possible driver, even bought Sound Blaster AE-5 sound card, nothing seem to help. I am using latest win 10 version (win...
  10. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping and crackling: Alright so I've had about enough of this problem, so I've finally turned to reddit as my last resort. About 6 months ago, I started having audio crackling issues. I didn't think much of it at first since it wasn't that bad. However, now that I've had it for 6 months and it...