Windows 10: Continuous Boot loop

Discus and support Continuous Boot loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently just built a computer and started running into a endless reboot loop. I run some simple tests on my own to see if I could recover it. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Armstrong5089, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Continuous Boot loop

I recently just built a computer and started running into a endless reboot loop. I run some simple tests on my own to see if I could recover it. This included repeating the RAM, CPU, GPU. Tried unplugging different drives and the same problem. When I get into BIOS it will sit there for as long as I need it to. Since this problem I recently sent it to my local shop to see what they can do. The results are the same as before. They were able to do a little more testing. Such heat test, different RAM, GPU, Mobo. We are currently waiting on a replacement CPU to try that to see if that may be the problem. I'm really just trying to see what my next steps might be of the doesn't work.

I'm sorry I'm not very tech savvy. Can provide more information if needed.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS WI-FI ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive Windows Install

Storage: Seagate IronWolf Pro 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Storage

Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Black Video Card

Case: Corsair Crystal Series 680X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair RMx 2018 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fan: Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan

:)

Armstrong5089, Apr 5, 2020

2. Can't boot - continuous looping screens

I own an Asus Notebook X540SA running Windows 10. Out of the blue, my computer could not connect to any WIFI, so i tried to restart.

While restarting, Windows 10 started to update and, as typical for the last few months, the system could not update.

Now I can't even boot Windows 10 anymore. I can only see the Asus logo and some dots spinning around in a circle. Then it says it will update, fails, & goes back to the Asus logo. This all on a continuous loop. Nothing I've tried from the online suggestions
    works. My computer is worthless and I can't get back to my important files.

I've tried the troubleshooting steps I'm comfortable in trying. No solution has been posted to help.

I will NEVER purchase another Microsoft Windows machine. NEVER! (I've used Windows for 30+ years.)

WilliamHarroff, Apr 5, 2020
  3. PC Boot Loop - Continuous BSOD Errors

Hi Steve,

Boot loops and blue screen errors are usually occurring to a Windows computer due to some corruption within the drivers or with the system files. For further troubleshooting, we suggest booting your computer into
    safe mode before creating a test user profile. Using the test user profile, check if you'll be having the same
    issue with starting up your device.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana search, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Choose Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
    • Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Name the user as TEST and then provide a password.

If the same issue persists within the test user profile, you can use this
    link
    as a guide on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Continuous Boot loop

Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Continuous Boot loop

1. Continuous Boot loop - Similar Threads - Continuous Boot loop

2. Continuous loop at start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuous loop at start: Hello, my Laptop is in a continuous power loop that goes from the Toshiba logo to "Try to recover the installation" to "restore your previous version of Windows" to the blank screen and then return to the Toshiba logo. I tried the F10 key, but that seems to stop the...
  3. Continuous loop at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous loop at startup: Hi, Toshiba Satellite Laptop is in a continuous loop on power up from the Toshiba logo to "Try to recover the installation" to "restore your previous version of Windows" to the blank screen and then go back to the Toshiba logo. I tried the F10 key but that seems to just stop...
  4. Continuous loop at startup.

Continuous loop at startup.: Hi, Toshiba Satellite Laptop is in a continuous loop on power-up from the Toshiba logo to "Try to recover the installation" to "restore your previous version of Windows" to the blank screen and then return to the Toshiba logo. I tried the F10 key but that seems to stop the...
  5. Continuous loop on startup

Continuous loop on startup: Hi, Toshiba Satellite Laptop is in a continuous Loop on power up going from Toshiba logo to "Attempting to recover installation" to "restoring your previous version of Windows" to blank screen then back to the Toshiba logo. I tried the F10 key but that seems to just pause...
  6. Windows 10 boot error continues in repair loop

Windows 10 boot error continues in repair loop: Samsung Laptop working fine didnt use for a few days was acting normal. We had a storm and small Power failure then when power returned computer tried to restart I noticed a BLUE screen saying I have an error and when it trys to reboot does a diagnostic and then continues...
  7. blue screen continuous loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen continuous loop: My window 10 hp elitebook woke from sleep and rebooted on its on but ended up in a continuous loop of rebooting in blue screen error. It gives the "stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". And "What failed: WUDFRd.sys" How can I get this issue resolved quick? I need...
  8. Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Loop: I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have a laptop that's been running fine, but yesterday, I noticed it was off (I usually have it running). When I tried turning it on, the screen comes up and says attempting automatic repairs, then the screen goes...
  9. Boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot loop: Hi everyone! After a factory reset, my HP 255 G3 Notebook PC is stuck in a boot loop - it shows the HP logo, a black screen, and then the cycle begins again. I can enter the BIOS with F2 and the "InsydeH2O Setup Utility" with F10, but I'm not sure what to do with...
  10. boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    boot loop: hi my win 10 pc is in a boot loop its at the preparing automatic repair screen. cant do anything. I boot from my repair disk and system restore/fix pc/etc etc. none of them work. any fix I can try without having to reinstall windows 96188