Windows 10: Continuous BSODs and app crashes

Discus and support Continuous BSODs and app crashes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having multiple problems with this PC for many months. Usually they result in just crash of the game FFXIV, however at times I also end up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MeikoXIV, Aug 7, 2022.

1. MeikoXIV Win User

Continuous BSODs and app crashes

I've been having multiple problems with this PC for many months. Usually they result in just crash of the game FFXIV, however at times I also end up with BSOD with different errors IRQL not less or equal, kernel security check failure. I'm feeling helpless what could be the direct cause - I tried doing DDU, running memtest, reinstalling drivers at different points of time therefore they used to be different versions I assume. I even did clean installation of my windows system and yet, notihng helped. Maybe you could help me.Here's link to download of last 2 minidump files. - 2 different

:)

MeikoXIV, Aug 7, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 7, 2022
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. reed1e Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection keeps crashing.

Frequently during a Solitaire game the busy icon appears for a few seconds before the game shuts down completely. On restart the game continues from almost the same point. The crashes have only started recently (latest Windows update?)

Following posted advice I ran the Windows Store Apps trouble shooter and reset the app four times but each time the app continues to crash. The next step 'Detecting additional problems' initially listed 'hanging or crashing apps' as 'could not be fixed'.
    Two times ago it reported 'fixed' and the last time 'Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem'; 'Give feedback on this problem', hence this report.

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Pro, v1809, OS build 17763.379, 64 bit

reed1e, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Continuous BSODs and app crashes - Similar Threads - Continuous BSODs app

2. Computer continually crashes BSOD - Various Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer continually crashes BSOD - Various Errors: I have been getting BSOD continually while playing video games that consume great amount of my laptop's resource.My System InformationDump file of the Error.DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above....
  3. Computer continually crashes BSOD - Various Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer continually crashes BSOD - Various Errors: I have been getting BSOD continually while playing video games that consume great amount of my laptop's resource.My System InformationDump file of the Error.DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above....
  4. Roblox Windows App Continuously Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox Windows App Continuously Crashing: I have been using the windows app for Roblox for a couple months and I had recently uninstalled it. I recently installed it again after a long period of time and launched it to see it load into the Roblox app for it to show a white screen with the words "Roblox" on it....
  5. Roblox Windows App Continuously Crashing

Roblox Windows App Continuously Crashing: I have been using the windows app for Roblox for a couple months and I had recently uninstalled it. I recently installed it again after a long period of time and launched it to see it load into the Roblox app for it to show a white screen with the words "Roblox" on it....
  6. Roblox Windows App Continuously Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Continuous BSODs and app crashes

Continuous BSODs and app crashes: I've been having multiple problems with this PC for many months. Usually they result in just crash of the game FFXIV, however at times I also end up with BSOD with different errors IRQL not less or equal, kernel security check failure. I'm feeling helpless what could be the...
  8. Continuous BSODs and app crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous BSODs and app crashes: I've been having multiple problems with this PC for many months. Usually they result in just crash of the game FFXIV, however at times I also end up with BSOD with different errors IRQL not less or equal, kernel security check failure. I'm feeling helpless what could be the...
  9. Continual app and OS crashing, BSOD's

Continual app and OS crashing, BSOD's: I recently updated the BIOS firmware after this suggestion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-faultyhardwarecorruptedpage/b5b96c46-3a5e-4f92-8208-43bf9976d924 It helped for a bit but I still experience random game crashes, OS crashes, and OS BSOD....
  10. Crashing continuously

Crashing continuously: Looking to get some help if possible. I think I uploaded this correctly, it's the minidump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap51quxjSO-MgQAc9dPcp-C5hQt_?e=R1550k Here's the log from the event viewer: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">...