Windows 10: Continuous Errors Produced on SSHD

Discus and support Continuous Errors Produced on SSHD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new hard-drive a Seagate SSHD. The one with a 8 gig cache and 2TB regular drive. Everytime or so I boot into Windows 10 it hard-drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by campdude, Sep 8, 2015.

1. campdude Win User

Continuous Errors Produced on SSHD

I bought a new hard-drive a Seagate SSHD. The one with a 8 gig cache and 2TB regular drive.
    Everytime or so I boot into Windows 10 it hard-drive errors.
    MTF errors needing the hard-drive to be scanned to fix. Security Descriptor erros fixed through Scandisk.

The odd thing is When I boot Windows 10 it causes other internal Hard-drives to be corrupted entries... index, MTF errors.
    Errors that only checkdisk can fix.
    The other hard-drives have windows xp and windows 7 on it. They are NTFS.
    However, my Ubuntu Harddrive is never effected.
    I run Windows 10 for a signifigant amount of time then it tells me to restart due to drive errors that need to be fixed.
    If I never go into windows 10 i never have problems.

So people? Is Windows 10 being finicky with my SSHD, should I get a new drive? Not compatible with SSHD?
    I had the drive on my computer for a significant amount of time before putting windows 10 on it. It was blank and never caused problems... not until I put windows 10 on it.

Any ideas?

:)

campdude, Sep 8, 2015

2. SSH help

Can you run this

dpkg -L openssh-server

Does it error or does it show you:

/.

/etc

/etc/init.d

/etc/init.d/ssh

/etc/event.d

/etc/event.d/sshd

/etc/default

/etc/default/ssh

/usr

/usr/lib

/usr/lib/openssh

/usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server

/usr/bin

/usr/bin/maemo-get-passwd

/usr/sbin

/usr/sbin/sshd

/var

/var/run

/var/run/sshd

/usr/lib/sftp-server

cpitchford, Sep 8, 2015
  3. pogrodnik Win User
    Updating Windows 10, after first reboot, I receive "Missing Operating System"

I had same issue with old Lenovo T410 and hybrid Seagate SSHD disk with several partitions.

To solve the problem I swapped SSHD disk with old 120GB "regular" disk (with one partition) and cloned Win7 partition into it.

On this "normal" disk installation was performed successfully.

After the instalation I swapped back SSHD disk and cloned Win10 partition to SSHD drive.

It looks that Win10 installer has some problems either with SSD or SSHD or multiple partitions on a disk drive.

pogrodnik, Sep 8, 2015
  4. campdude Win User

I disabled turn off harddrive and disabled writecaching.
    Seems like my computer is happier now. But unsure which one of those options fixed it.
    I can't find if writecaching is reccomended for SSHD's or not.

There was an error in the preview builds that bricked other boot-drives and it had to do with performance/power-saving options with the SSHD. I will re-enabled writecaching and find out if that was the problem. Then we will know.

campdude, Sep 10, 2015
  5. campdude Win User
    I re-enabled Write Caching and kept Harddrive Idle disabled and system is happy.
    In the power options i disabled turn hard-drive off. I set it to 0 minutes. I've had a happy computer error free for 3 days.
    Before it would produce MTF system errors, Security Descriptor errors, and more that needed chkdsk to fix.
    At one point it would not boot anymore. had to launch checkdisk from my Windows XP disk to fix all my boot hard-drives.

campdude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Continuous Errors Produced on SSHD - Similar Threads - Continuous Errors Produced

2. Continued errors from taskhostw.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continued errors from taskhostw.exe: I originally posted this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unhandled-exceptions-in-taskhostw-started-after/359f273b-351d-4cd0-adb8-14828b3f9019 I had thought that the errors had gone away but alas, they have not. Here are the exception details...
  3. Continually receiving the DistributedCOM error

Continually receiving the DistributedCOM error: Recently I've received an error report described as "Event 10016, DistributedCOM". After receiving the report, I immediately googled it and did something trying to fix it, however, the problem is still there. I wonder whether it is critical, and if the answer is yes, what can...
  4. Right-CTRL produces a \

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right-CTRL produces a \: Pressing the right CTRL key on an HP Spectre 1000 wireless keyboard produces a \ character. I get the same behavior on two different computers (both Windows 10) and two different Spectre 1000 keyboards. Other keyboards work fine, so it seems to be related to the HP...
  5. Continuous BSOD Error

Continuous BSOD Error: I built a custom PC and I'm getting the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR constantly. A SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION occurred twice as well. No amount of Google or troubleshooting has helped, but I did stumble upon this site. Below is the link to the MSinfo, system info (from Speccy), and...
  6. Headphones produce no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones produce no sound: I got a Genesis Cobalt 300 headphones and I've tried everything(updated realtek drivers, rolled back to many versions,uninstalled them,repaired them etc.) i also had a problem where my headphones would get recognized as speakers but fixed that, now they're marked as Realtek...
  7. sshd service not appearing after install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sshd service not appearing after install: Hello, I have been attempting to re-install the SSH Server feature in Windows 10, however the sshd service itself has failed to reinstall. I have attempted this through both the "Option Features" menu and via the elevated Powershell command: Add-WindowsCapability -Online...
  8. Problems with SSHD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with SSHD: So, I have got a new laptop, but it has a problematic SSHD because of its 8GB part. The disc works great, Windows boots up in about 15 sec compared to 2 mins before, but: System Restore does not work and when I try to defragment disc, it tells me, not to. Any idea why?...
  9. Continuing DCOM event viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Continuing DCOM event viewer error: I recently started getting this error in event viewer. There are a number of threads across the web about it, but none of them has presented the solution. The error is related to Runtimebroker.exe. Any new ideas? The application-specific permission settings do not grant...
  10. SSHD boot issue after chkdsk

in Windows 10 Support
    SSHD boot issue after chkdsk: I have a Seagate SSHD 1tb. I did a routine chkdsk which hung at 12%. I powered down my laptop and subsequently the laptop will not boot. Came up with a blue screen (Windows 10). Fortunately I had my previous HD of which the SSHD is a clone so I have been able to examine...