Windows 10: Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798

Discus and support Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor RAM: 8.00 GB Edition: Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by neil819a, Dec 3, 2020.

1. neil819a Win User

Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

RAM: 8.00 GB

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 20H2

OS Build: 19042.662

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

My 2012 HP G6-series laptop has had continuous freezing which lasts anywhere from several seconds to several minutes.

When viewing the event logs at the time of these freezes, there is always a corresponding security event, most commonly a flood of dozens of 5379, but there are also 4672, 4624, 4798 which seems to freeze for less time than 5379.

I have exhausted most of the troubleshooting steps that are available online.

• I've ensured Windows and all drivers are up to date
    • I've defragged the hard drive
    • The hard drive and memory tests have all come back 'ok'
    • I don't have advAPI or Intel RST
    • I added a new RAM stick doubling RAM from 4GB to 8GB
    • I created a new local account in case the existing one was corrupt
    • I attempted a clean boot
    • I disabled my USB drives despite not having anything plugged into them ever
    • Finally, I did a full reset and clean install of Windows

All that is possibly left to do is to replace the hard drive, but the scans did not show any issues with the HD.

:)

neil819a, Dec 3, 2020

2. Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing

I have had this for a while now but it seems to have gotten worse recently. My PC has been freezing (1-4 seconds every hour or so) and the only thing that I can tie in is these Events happening at the same time as the freeze all the time.

Events 4672 (Special privileges assigned to new logon) and 4624 (An account was successfully logged on) happen together 3 times and Event 5379 (Credential Manager credentials were read) happens 9 times and i'm positive this is what is causing this.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this causes a lockup?

Ryan Olrod, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379

Did you guys ever resolve this? I currently am facing the same issue.

Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798 [​IMG]

It starts with the sequence of events: 4624, 4672, 4798, then several hundred 5379's.

It seems to get especially crippled when performing HDD reads/writes. I am not sure where the bottleneck is - I have a USB hub on my desk behind my monitor, which I think just has USB2.0 devices, while my monitor stands have USB3.0 ports which go directly to the USB 3.0 ports on my PC case/mb access at the back.

I have tried using the process monitors, task managers, all that stuff from sysinternals, and nothing really yields a valid lead for me to follow. Any ideas?

Thanks!

barrychapman, Dec 3, 2020
  4. bbacks26 Win User

Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798

Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

Hi,

Since getting my new PC, I have experienced these instances of noticeable stutter when browsing, gaming, or simply being on the desktop. The best way to describe it is as a very brief but noticeable micro-stutter/micro-freeze, the screen does not flash and
    audio does not cut out. It lasts for about half a second, but it is very noticeable and annoying, especially when playing games. After spending hours troubleshooting, I have ended up finding the cause. These stutters happen at the exact same logs are generated
    in the Event Viewer application. These logs are listed under the "Audit Success" column and I currently have about 5000 of these logs just in the last 24 hours. Out of these logs, there are 3 particular Event ID logs that correlate with my stuttering: Event
    ID: 4624, 4672, and 5379. The 4624 and 4672 occur more frequently than the 5379 and the stutter resulting from them is less severe. The 5379 event however, results in the worst stuttering. This is probably because the 5379 event is logged about 300 times during
    instances of stutter. Event Viewer shows event 5379 being logged around 300 times at the exact same time interval (For example 300 entries all at 1:00:00PM or 2:37:51PM etc etc).

The events themselves have different descriptions for why they're occuring:

Event 4624:

An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: DESKTOP-N2CELSJ$

Account Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Logon Information:

Logon Type: 5

Restricted Admin Mode: -

Virtual Account: No

Elevated Token: Yes

Impersonation Level: Impersonation

New Logon:

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Linked Logon ID: 0x0

Network Account Name: -

Network Account Domain: -

Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Process Information:

Process ID: 0x358

Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\services.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: -

Source Network Address: -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: Advapi

Authentication Package: Negotiate

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon session is created. It is generated on the computer that was accessed.

The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created, i.e. the account that was logged on.

The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The impersonation level field indicates the extent to which a process in the logon session can impersonate.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

Event 4672:

Special privileges assigned to new logon.

Subject:

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Privileges: SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

SeTcbPrivilege

SeSecurityPrivilege

SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege

SeLoadDriverPrivilege

SeBackupPrivilege

SeRestorePrivilege

SeDebugPrivilege

SeAuditPrivilege

SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege

SeImpersonatePrivilege

SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege

Event 5379:

Credential Manager credentials were read.

Subject:

Security ID: DESKTOP-N2CELSJ\bback

Account Name: bback

Account Domain: DESKTOP-N2CELSJ

Logon ID: 0x85277

Read Operation: Enumerate Credentials

This event occurs when a user performs a read operation on stored credentials in Credential Manager.

Screenshots:

Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798 bd44a8cb-baee-4740-b988-de6f0ef24198?upload=true.png

Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798 4b228f5b-3a6f-4d99-8517-7f63a00b3bca?upload=true.png

I'm really at a loss of how to fix this. If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced this before please tell me how I should go about solving this. Thank you.

bbacks26, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798 - Similar Threads - Continuous freezing event

2. Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer: Hi guys. Lets say I went out and left my laptop at home. When I come back I notice many "Audit Success" logs with ID 4624 in the Event Viewer during the time I was out. Is this something I should be concerned about and that someone has been trying to access my laptop? Thanks!...
  3. Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits: [ATTACH] Hi, Since getting my new PC, I have experienced these instances of noticeable stutter when browsing, gaming, or simply being on the desktop. The best way to describe it is as a very brief but noticeable micro-stutter/micro-freeze, the screen does not flash and...
  4. Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits: Hi, Since getting my new PC, I have experienced these instances of noticeable stutter when browsing, gaming, or simply being on the desktop. The best way to describe it is as a very brief but noticeable micro-stutter/micro-freeze, the screen does not flash and audio does...
  5. Disconnect device sound with event ID 4624 and 4798

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnect device sound with event ID 4624 and 4798: Hello Everyone - this is my first post and was not sure which forum to use. My issue is that starting 2-3 days ago, I'm hearing a "disconnect device" sound several times throughout the day. I've Googled it and it shows up as an issue - from what I can tell, the alerts...
  6. Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379: I'm having a tough time tracking down an issue with a new system. Occasionally, my system will freeze for a few seconds. The mouse will usually lock in place, but not always. In any case, the system doesn't register input. If audio was playing, the audio will glitch or loop....
  7. Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379: I'm having a tough time tracking down an issue with a new system. Occasionally, my system will freeze for a few seconds. The mouse will usually lock in place, but not always. In any case, the system doesn't register input. If audio was playing, the audio will glitch or loop....
  8. Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing: I have had this for a while now but it seems to have gotten worse recently. My PC has been freezing (1-4 seconds every hour or so) and the only thing that I can tie in is these Events happening at the same time as the freeze all the time. Events 4672 (Special privileges...
  9. Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?: My window 10 machine continues to freeze for 5-30 seconds intermittently. [ATTACH] I am running with an boot drive on an M2 SSD, which seems to be a common thread of most people having this issue. I have already done the SFC scan, and the reset/validation of all...
  10. Event ID 4798

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event ID 4798: When computer goes into screen saver mode there are repeating sounds of devices loading and unloading. Event viewer shows thousands of event ID # 4798 over a 7 day period during which time screen saver is only active maybe 10 hours during that time. Event properties are as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 event 5379

2. audit success yoo many 5379