Windows 10: Continuous network dropouts when using NIC teaming from Broadcom

Discus and support Continuous network dropouts when using NIC teaming from Broadcom in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet (1 port) NIC teaming has been configured on 21 HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF workstations running Windows 10. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Negash, May 14, 2019.

1. Negash Win User

Continuous network dropouts when using NIC teaming from Broadcom

Hi,

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet (1 port) NIC teaming has been configured on 21 HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF workstations running Windows 10. We are experiencing continuous dropouts which is causing lots of grief and the machines are now unstable. We have one site that is stable because both NICs (teamed) are connected to one switch rather 2. Other sites both NICs (teamed) are connected to 2 separate switches for obvious reason (LBFO). Below is details of the NIC card:

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
    Broadcom Corporation
    Driver date: 12/09/2013
    Driver Version: 16.8.1.0
    Driver Details: c:\windows\system32\drivers\b57nd60a.sys

Has anyone experienced what we are going through? I have tried to get latest driver for the Broadcom NICs and unfortunately I have not been able to find anything.

Can someone please recommend any decent Network Cards that works well with Windows 10?

Thank you and please let me know if you require further details.

Best regards,

Tsihira

:)

Negash, May 14, 2019

2. Broadcom Network Teaming & Windows 10

Any Update on this? I created a LACP Team for my Dual Port 10GBe Broadcom Card and it only sporadically works (e.g. no connection after reboot). Broadcom / Qlogic Support told me that they do not support Windows 10 and said that there is no ETA on a working
    Teaming Utility

chrisk2305, May 14, 2019
  3. dcolpitts Win User
    Broadcom Network Teaming & Windows 10

Anyone figure out how to get Broadcom's BACS to work correctly with teaming under Windows 10 yet (Windows 10 x64 Enterprise Edition on a HP Z800 Workstation to be specific). I've downloaded the drivers and BASP from Broadcom's website from August 5, 2015
    and whenever I try to create my team all I get is "failed to commit team configuration!".

dcc

dcolpitts, May 14, 2019
  4. P5EUDONYM Win User

Windows Server 2016 Standard - Microsoft NIC Drivers aggressively replace Broadcom drivers at installation reboot

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but...

I have Windows 2016 Server Standard Edition (Trial) installed on a HP Proliant DL380p Gen 8 server at home (single server setup). It's setup as a domain controller and I'm trying to setup a NIC team. When teamed the MS drivers for the Broadcom NetXtreme
    Gigabit 4 port NIC cause access to other network devices to stop. TCP/IP is still active and so is access to the internet. Without Teaming, only the first port is used, although all are active and all network devices are visible as expected, but clearly throughput
    is diminished.

As a result of this behaviour I have attempted to use Broadcom Drivers and their propitiatory teaming app called BACS, these drivers are admittedly old, circa Server 2008. However it appears that the MS drivers aggressively replace the Broadcom ones after
    installation initiates a reboot. I have tried 4 different driver versions all with the same result.

I have all 4 ports of the NIC connected to a non-configurable Linksys SD2008 Gigabit switch. The switch is in turn connected to a DSL router. DHCP & DNS are handled by the server, with the DNS configured to forward to my ISP's DNS servers. The NICs are configured
    with IPv4 static addressing and a loopback address for DNS as is consistent with a single server Domain Controller environment. IPv6 is disabled for simplicity.

Am I right in thinking that this NIC is not fully MS Teaming compliant and will only work with the propriatory drivers, in which case, how can I get them to not get overwritten?

Thanks and sorry it's so complicated, hopefully I haven't missed anything!

P5EUDONYM, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Continuous network dropouts when using NIC teaming from Broadcom - Similar Threads - Continuous network dropouts

2. Force nic card to use existing network profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force nic card to use existing network profile: Hello,On one Windows 10 computer, I would like to force network card to use existing registry network profile.I tried to remove actual new one to check if network card will used old one but it create automatically a new network profile.Network profiles are stored in registry...
  3. Force nic card to use existing network profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force nic card to use existing network profile: Hello,On one Windows 10 computer, I would like to force network card to use existing registry network profile.I tried to remove actual new one to check if network card will used old one but it create automatically a new network profile.Network profiles are stored in registry...
  4. Random network dropout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random network dropout: This has not happened in a long time. But on this computer and the one I had before it Both on Windows 11, the internet connection would constantly drop. Not a signal issue. It would just drop. I did all the usual reset tasks , updated drivers, all of that. Was working just...
  5. Random network dropout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random network dropout: This has not happened in a long time. But on this computer and the one I had before it Both on Windows 11, the internet connection would constantly drop. Not a signal issue. It would just drop. I did all the usual reset tasks , updated drivers, all of that. Was working just...
  6. Windows Server 2019 NIC teaming issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 NIC teaming issue: Dear all,We have several servers connected directly on firewall which is working on HA High Availability Mode- Fortinet. Whenever we observer any failure on link firewall changes from Primary to Secondary and during switchover for brief ports on primary firewall is switched...
  7. Nic Teaming on Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nic Teaming on Windows 10 pro: Is it possible to set up nic teaming on Windows 10 pro? submitted by /u/ohiobuckeye7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dv3p9s/nic_teaming_on_windows_10_pro/
  8. Frequent Network Connection Loss and Dropout

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frequent Network Connection Loss and Dropout: Hello everyone, For the past couple weeks now, ever since I have updated to this version of windows 10: Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134, I have been experiencing a network issue that completely has me baffled. At a random instance, my computer's network would freeze,...
  9. Faulty Broadcom Network card

Faulty Broadcom Network card: HP laptop. Turns out that the broadcom wi fi card is faulty, this discussing with hp support. have gone down the usb route . The problem I have is uninstalling the old card or whatever form it takes. I uninstall/ or disable delete drivers , then every restart the ruddy thing...
  10. Teaming NICS ?

Teaming NICS ?: How do you assign matrix as without it only one will be used and its also no good unless the nic has a cpu which can handle the traffic instead of the pc or the bottle neck will be the pc. Using basic broadband on gigabyte nic one should have no problems at Barclays we ran...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bacs 4 failed to commit team configuration