Windows 10: Continuous pen strokes in Snipping Tool cause DWM to crash in Windows 10

Discus and support Continuous pen strokes in Snipping Tool cause DWM to crash in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Around the same time last year I had to upgrade my existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11 because of a weird AMD graphics driver issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by na-no., Jun 20, 2024.

1. na-no. Win User

Continuous pen strokes in Snipping Tool cause DWM to crash in Windows 10

Hello. Around the same time last year I had to upgrade my existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11 because of a weird AMD graphics driver issue from the February 2023 version and onwards where strokes in Snipping Tool are not visible until after I stop holding down the left-click button. Think of it as having a paper and a pen, drawing something e.g. some lines but not being able to see the line you are drawing in real time - you can only see what you have drawn only after you lift the pen from the paper. Not only that, but continuous line strokes holding down the left-click mouse but

:)

na-no., Jun 20, 2024

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2024
  4. Continuous pen strokes in Snipping Tool cause DWM to crash in Windows 10

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

CNTrL+P doesnt work? Fullscreen snipping tool, then when finished CNTRL+P?

fyi, tpucapture used to be pretty similar to the snipping tool fwiw

jboydgolfer, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

Continuous pen strokes in Snipping Tool cause DWM to crash in Windows 10

1. Continuous pen strokes in Snipping Tool cause DWM to crash in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Continuous pen strokes

2. Continuous pen strokes in Snipping Tool cause DWM to crash in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous pen strokes in Snipping Tool cause DWM to crash in Windows 10: Hello. Around the same time last year I had to upgrade my existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11 because of a weird AMD graphics driver issue from the February 2023 version and onwards where strokes in Snipping Tool are not visible until after I stop holding down the...
  3. Continuous pen strokes in Snipping Tool cause DWM to crash in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous pen strokes in Snipping Tool cause DWM to crash in Windows 10: Hello. Around the same time last year I had to upgrade my existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11 because of a weird AMD graphics driver issue from the February 2023 version and onwards where strokes in Snipping Tool are not visible until after I stop holding down the...
  4. snip tool crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snip tool crashing: The snip tool shuts down as soon as video recording starts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-tool-crashing/1ffad4df-5178-4296-b26f-efc18ff36a48
  5. snip tool crashing

snip tool crashing: The snip tool shuts down as soon as video recording starts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-tool-crashing/1ffad4df-5178-4296-b26f-efc18ff36a48
  6. What is causing dwm to crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing dwm to crash?: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  7. What is causing dwm to crash?

What is causing dwm to crash?: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  8. Snipping tool crashing on snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool crashing on snip: Hi Team, see subject, snipping tol is crashing when creating snips. Sometimes it works when right clicking and making a snip but most of the time it just crashes. HAve tried resetting and also repairing the app.using a Windows 11 Home install on an intel i3 computer.here is...
  9. Snipping tool crashing on snip

Snipping tool crashing on snip: Hi Team, see subject, snipping tol is crashing when creating snips. Sometimes it works when right clicking and making a snip but most of the time it just crashes. HAve tried resetting and also repairing the app.using a Windows 11 Home install on an intel i3 computer.here is...
  10. Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool

Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool: I have a Surface Pro 8, and when I use the Snipping Tool I am unable to get the erase button on the end of my Slim Pen 2 to work. In addition, the app freezes up for a couple of minutes when I go from the pen function to the erase function.I don't believe it is a problem with...