Windows 10: Continuous problems when connecting any USB device.

Discus and support Continuous problems when connecting any USB device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Been using mostly the same USB devices for the last 7 to 8 years. When ever I connect them to a fresh clean installed windows 10 computer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr Bee, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Mr Bee Win User

Continuous problems when connecting any USB device.

Hi,
    Been using mostly the same USB devices for the last 7 to 8 years. When ever I connect them to a fresh clean installed windows 10 computer the "first thing to go is Bluetooth". Then eventually a few days or weeks later the screen goes blank with the colour used in Windows Colors e.g. Purple. Then a week or two later the OS is U/S.
    I tried Malwarebytes a while ago but it would not stop it. A Blank USB does this as well.
    Any Ideas.
    Appreciated
    Clive

:)

Mr Bee, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Unknown USB Device

Hi,

The error message Device Descriptor Request Failed Drive error may possibly occur when USB device was not recognized due to unstable or corrupt USB controllers. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If you're trying to connect a USB device, have you tried connecting it to another computer and check if the issue still persists?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run USB troubleshooter by clicking on this
    link. This will automatically diagnose USB problems and will provide you a remedy.

Additionally, we also recommend that you follow the steps in this article
    on how to troubleshoot your USB device which was not recognized.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Continuous problems when connecting any USB device.

Unknown USB Device

Thanks for the response but there was not a problem. It was because of me being stupid. I had too much clutter around my PC and I had connected my external drive and thought It was my external storage device. I found out that my some USB connections did
    not work on my old laptop. That is why I received the "Unknown device message." Sorry and thank you for the quick response.

richardsantucci, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Continuous problems when connecting any USB device.

1. Continuous problems when connecting any USB device. - Similar Threads - Continuous problems connecting

2. Problem with any Bluetooth earphone when connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with any Bluetooth earphone when connected: So I have an AirPods Pro 1st Gen & a B&O Beoplay EX. Whenever I connect any of them to my laptop for online meetings with or without webcam, the whole laptop will start to lag and people on the other end will hear my voice stuttering and lagging to the extent that they...
  3. Problem with any bluetooth earphone when connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with any bluetooth earphone when connected: So I have an AirPods Pro 1st Gen & a B&O Beoplay EX. Whenever I connect any of them to my laptop for online meetings with or without webcam, the whole laptop will start to lag and people on the other end will hear my voice stuttering and lagging to the extent that they...
  4. Continuous device connect and disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous device connect and disconnect: My computer is trying to do a device connect/disconnect every few seconds. There are no problems on the device driver. I have updated the management engine software and the graphics driver. I have managed to stop the chiming, but the screen flickers. the event viewer is...
  5. Continuous device connect and disconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous device connect and disconnect: My computer is trying to do a device connect/disconnect every few seconds. There are no problems on the device driver. I have updated the management engine software and the graphics driver. I have managed to stop the chiming, but the screen flickers. the event viewer is...
  6. Continuous device connect and disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. usb hid device serial connection problem

usb hid device serial connection problem: Hi i am using a sensor that transmits data to a human interface usb device over bluetooth... the hid device is connected by usb to my laptop... when i use an application from the manufacturing company i can read the data just fine from the device but whenever i want to code...
  8. No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices

No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices: There's no sound when I connect and disconnect USB devices. The sounds used to work until one or two weeks ago. I am not sure if the other event sounds work or not, but I can use media players without issues. If I check the Sounds tab under Settings, I can see the event...
  9. USB Connects then disconnects without any device plugged in/

USB Connects then disconnects without any device plugged in/: Hello, About 3 days ago I started hearing the sound of a USB Device connecting then disconnecting over and over again on my Laptop, even though there are no devices plugged into any of my 3 (total) USB Ports. I tried inserting different devices into the Ports but the sound...
  10. Continuous problems when connecting any USB device.

in Windows 10 Support
    Continuous problems when connecting any USB device.: Hi, Been using mostly the same USB devices for the last 7 to 8 years. When ever I connect them to a fresh clean installed windows 10 computer the "first thing to go is Bluetooth". Then eventually a few days or weeks later the screen goes blank with the colour used in Windows...