Windows 10: Continuous Update failures

Discus and support Continuous Update failures in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently running windows 10 Home 1803. Whenever I attempt to update my PC or my PC is automatically updated, I become stuck in the 'undoing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GuyDebord, Feb 8, 2021.

1. GuyDebord Win User

Continuous Update failures

I am currently running windows 10 Home 1803. Whenever I attempt to update my PC or my PC is automatically updated, I become stuck in the 'undoing changes made to your PC' reboot loop. Safe Mode does not fix this problem, manually enabling it from installation media does not stop the reboot loop. The only consistent solution is to install a clean version of windows 10 and then the old installation works again. I cannot update from a Windows 10 USB, and using any update tool causes the same problem I have already described. I would like to update to the current version of Windows 10 Home, but only if I can keep all of my personal files. If this is not possible, I want to know how to completely disable automatic updates. I have already tried disabling the windows update service but this has not had any effect.

:)

GuyDebord, Feb 8, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Feb 8, 2021
  3. WIndows 10 SECOND_BOOT failure updating to 1903

It was impossible to tell from your initial post whether you could even get into Windows because of all the failure you described. Therefore to be absolutely thorough I gave you how to recover if you couldn't get Windows started.

I also included the check list for overcoming version failures which works from for 90% of those who try the steps.

Please confirm you tried all steps in that check list which works for 90% of the tens of thousands of people who I have helped while building that list. If not then I will continue to help you until the matter is resolved as long as you are polite and cooperative.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Continuous Update failures

Phenom 9850BE low voltage overclocking results!

well if your going to continue with overclocking, i suggest doing the baby steps thing heh. good luck with the overclocking

eidairaman1, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Continuous Update failures

1. Continuous Update failures - Similar Threads - Continuous Update failures

2. Continued Windows Update KB5022360 failure error 0x80070057 - Ramesh Srinivasan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continued Windows Update KB5022360 failure error 0x80070057 - Ramesh Srinivasan: I am having the same issue I see many having with Windows 11 Update recently. KB5022360 and KB4023057 both failing to install error 0x80070057 on both. If I can isolate what corrupted update to uninstall perhaps I can fix it. Full OS reinstall with Win11 ISO is a last...
  3. Continued Windows Update KB5022360 failure error 0x80070057 - Ramesh Srinivasan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continued Windows Update KB5022360 failure error 0x80070057 - Ramesh Srinivasan: I am having the same issue I see many having with Windows 11 Update recently. KB5022360 and KB4023057 both failing to install error 0x80070057 on both. If I can isolate what corrupted update to uninstall perhaps I can fix it. Full OS reinstall with Win11 ISO is a last...
  4. Importing photos from iPhone - continuing after failure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing photos from iPhone - continuing after failure?: I'm using Photos Windows 11 to import photos from my iPhone. I need to import thousands of photos. It works fine, but eventually, it always crashes somewhere in the middle of the import. Is there any way to resume where I left off, rather than re-doing the entire import?...
  5. PC update failure continuously since 1.5 months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC update failure continuously since 1.5 months: My PC not updating, showing error or green screen of death , even it updated and used all 8GB space and then gsod , and I joined Insider Program in June by mistake and when left then also insider build in problem , please answer as soon as possible or I have to switch to...
  6. Continued failure to update Cumlative Updates

Continued failure to update Cumlative Updates: Why do the cumulative updates fail to install on a win 10 laptop when you check for updates???? Version = 20H2 OS build = 19042.630 There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact...
  7. Continuous updates

Continuous updates: I know you want to update to avoid attackers, but every updates can usually damage my PC and I need to wait like 1 hour or 5 hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuous-updates/0ec4523e-2cf2-4546-9078-8939b6c001f7
  8. Start button and Windows 10 failure saga continues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start button and Windows 10 failure saga continues: So I have posted here that we have been having problems with the Start button and most of the functionality of the taskbar, Internet Explorer not working, and other apps that can be only accessed via Run since Start button is not working. I have tried Sf Scan, DISM, and...
  9. Failure to continue reading an article in an email.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure to continue reading an article in an email.: I read a portion of an article and hit "Read More' Or some such wording and nothing follows. I get the same result when trying to bring up a mutual fund account. This has been going on for 4 or 5 days. How do I recover ?...
  10. Windows 10 Version 1903 update continuous failure.

Windows 10 Version 1903 update continuous failure.: I have a Dell Inspiron All-in-One computer which came with Windows 10 Home edition. The new update continually downloads then is unable to install sucking up all my bandwith. I get this error code: 0x80070005 There is no way to stop it from downloading again and again....