Windows 10: Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

Discus and support Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. However, for some reason the Control + Shift... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by un1corn Guest, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1.
    However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work.
    For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from selected document text also Ctrl+Shift+ should magnify page, etc but do not work.
    The Ctrl key, Shift key and function keys work normally individually but not in a combination.
    I would welcome any guidance.
    Thanks.

:)

un1corn Guest, Dec 10, 2015
  2. John Ado Win User

Disable Snipping tool shortcut

Can you tell us the program? We'll try to replicate the issue. Also, does the program require to use the Windows key? Were you able to assign a shortcut for other Windows key combination? Combinations like, Windows key + P, or S, or X? Can you assign shortcut
    without Windows key included?

Does the program require a set of shortcut combinations? Like the Windows key + Shift + S, does the program's function require this set of combination to work?

Does a program's function work if you assign another set of shortcut combination?

John Ado, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Some shift key combinations do not work

Hi Jennevan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As you have stated that the other keyboard works fine in the same computer and the keyboard which you were using doesn't work properly, I suspect it is a Hardware issue.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to check in Safe Mode
    and let us know the result what happens.

If you are facing the same issue in safe mode then I would suggest you to refer the manufacturer of the Keyboard and check if it helps you.

Refer: Natec Genisis Support

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

1. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working - Similar Threads - Contol Shift key

2. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key: All the things I've tried so far:Bought a new keyboardUninstalled and reinstalled keyboard files under device managerUninstalled and reinstalled iCue for Corsair both old and new keyboards are CorsairPlugged the keyboard into a different USB slotA couple of command prompt...
  3. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key: All the things I've tried so far:Bought a new keyboardUninstalled and reinstalled keyboard files under device managerUninstalled and reinstalled iCue for Corsair both old and new keyboards are CorsairPlugged the keyboard into a different USB slotA couple of command prompt...
  4. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working: I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from number pad, its working but with windows key combination the numbers from num pad is not working. I have to use the numbers...
  6. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working: I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from number pad, its working but with windows key combination the numbers from num pad is not working. I have to use the numbers...
  7. Most key combinations with alt+shift not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most key combinations with alt+shift not working: I have a really weird problem and now in homeoffice it's getting more annoying. I'm unable to do key combinations with alt+shift. The only thing I found for this was this...
  8. Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning: Hello everyone, I have a problem that has been bothering me for long enough, and I need some help. I've tried everything and searched the web to fix this at 100% with no success. A week or 2 ago, I noticied that my 'Windows' Key wasn't responding, and same thing with the...
  9. combination keys (Shift +f*)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    combination keys (Shift +f*): since the update after V-1709 every1 that plays a game called tibia can't use (Shift+F12)everything was always fine since win xp till win 10 1709 but after till last update till now still not working any solutions ?...
  10. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...