Windows 10: Contradictory Behavior

Discus and support Contradictory Behavior in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My W10 instance is giving me some issues when it comes to screen dimming and turning on the screen saver. Oddly enough, these are contradictory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ninicp, Jul 23, 2021.

1. ninicp Win User

Contradictory Behavior

Hello, My W10 instance is giving me some issues when it comes to screen dimming and turning on the screen saver. Oddly enough, these are contradictory behavior in how they're acting.... Regarding the screen dimming, it seems that after about 5 minutes of inactivity, the screen will dim. I have not been able to find a setting that would disable this behavior. My other odd behavior is regarding my screen saver. I've set this to 15 minutes and regardless of how long I am inactive, the screen saver never starts. Could someone please help me? This is quite annoying and could result in my OLED monitor getting burn in, which I'm having to actively prevent by turning the monitor off when I'm not using it.

:)

ninicp, Jul 23, 2021

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 23, 2021
  3. cant install apps from store

Hi Rana,

Sorry for getting back to you late.

I would suggest you to refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows +R Keys to open Run command
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit enter

Now see the behavior on Windows store.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Reldel Win User

Contradictory Behavior

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10  

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Contradictory Behavior [​IMG]

Contradictory Behavior [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Contradictory Behavior

1. Contradictory Behavior - Similar Threads - Contradictory Behavior

2. Very odd behavior of Microsoft Phone Link while App is active on phone and computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very odd behavior of Microsoft Phone Link while App is active on phone and computer and...: This is very peculiar. Perhaps someone else has observed this behavior. Here is the scenario. I am running Windows 10 on my PC and latest version of Android on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. I am working on a spreadsheet Excel from Office 2019. I am performing many cuts/copies...
  3. Very odd behavior of Microsoft Phone Link while App is active on phone and computer and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very odd behavior of Microsoft Phone Link while App is active on phone and computer and...: This is very peculiar. Perhaps someone else has observed this behavior. Here is the scenario. I am running Windows 10 on my PC and latest version of Android on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. I am working on a spreadsheet Excel from Office 2019. I am performing many cuts/copies...
  4. upgrading to Windows 11 requirements Contradictory information...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading to Windows 11 requirements Contradictory information...: Hello friends!I am slowly going crazy try to upgrade my pc from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I need help.I used PC Health check to see if my PC meets the requirements for Windows 11. Initially it wasn't. I had to enable Secure Boot and TPM enabled. It took me a while and a lot...
  5. upgrading to Windows 11 requirements Contradictory information...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrading to Windows 11 requirements Contradictory information...: Hello friends!I am slowly going crazy try to upgrade my pc from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I need help.I used PC Health check to see if my PC meets the requirements for Windows 11. Initially it wasn't. I had to enable Secure Boot and TPM enabled. It took me a while and a lot...
  6. upgrading to Windows 11 requirements Contradictory information...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Contradictory information in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contradictory information in Windows Update: Confusing text is displayed by the Windows Update tool. In the section with the "Check for updates" button, it claims "You're up to date", after I click the button. Directly, below this I find the text "You're version of Windows 10 will stop receiving important quality...
  8. Contradictory Messages in Trying to Resolve Bad Image Error 0xc000012f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Contradictory Messages in Trying to Resolve Bad Image Error 0xc000012f: So I have been trying to resolve a bad image error that appeared on my computer ever since yesterday which happened as a result of my PC crashing and shutting down during an installation of a game. Ever since the crash a message would appear when I tried to open any download...
  9. Contradictory item in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Contradictory item in Event Viewer: Event Viewer shows that computer has resumed from sleep but PC is, in fact, in sleep mode despite this second message Here is what I am seeing 5 seconds apart (attached) [img] 111697
  10. Contradictory sizes for Windows image?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Contradictory sizes for Windows image?: I'm trying to understand contradictory numbers about the size of the image which I've just made with the Win 7 tool. Win 10 File Explorer nonsensically reports most of the folders associated with the data backup and image as having zero size. So I used TreeSize instead....