Windows 10: Contradictory information in Windows Update

Discus and support Contradictory information in Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Confusing text is displayed by the Windows Update tool. In the section with the "Check for updates" button, it claims "You're up to date", after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by techfan42, Mar 15, 2021.

1. techfan42 Win User

Contradictory information in Windows Update

Confusing text is displayed by the Windows Update tool.

In the section with the "Check for updates" button, it claims "You're up to date", after I click the button.

Directly, below this I find the text "You're version of Windows 10 will stop receiving important quality updates soon. You can stay in support by updating to a newer version of Windows 10".

These two statements seem to contradict each other. Which one is correct?

Contradictory information in Windows Update 46de686a-bf1e-4bff-af94-668c7a925c55?upload=true.png

:)

techfan42, Mar 15, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 15, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Contradictory information in Windows Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 15, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Contradictory information in Windows Update - Similar Threads - Contradictory information Update

2. upgrading to Windows 11 requirements Contradictory information...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading to Windows 11 requirements Contradictory information...: Hello friends!I am slowly going crazy try to upgrade my pc from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I need help.I used PC Health check to see if my PC meets the requirements for Windows 11. Initially it wasn't. I had to enable Secure Boot and TPM enabled. It took me a while and a lot...
  3. upgrading to Windows 11 requirements Contradictory information...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrading to Windows 11 requirements Contradictory information...: Hello friends!I am slowly going crazy try to upgrade my pc from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I need help.I used PC Health check to see if my PC meets the requirements for Windows 11. Initially it wasn't. I had to enable Secure Boot and TPM enabled. It took me a while and a lot...
  4. upgrading to Windows 11 requirements Contradictory information...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Information of update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Information of update: Please tell me how much data and time is taken to update windows 10 version 1803 to version 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/information-of-update/fae7545f-0d40-474c-9b9a-119347cf97d8
  6. Information of update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Information of update: Please tell me how much data and time is taken to update windows 10 version 1803 to version 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/information-of-update/fae7545f-0d40-474c-9b9a-119347cf97d8
  7. Contradictory Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Contradictory Behavior: Hello, My W10 instance is giving me some issues when it comes to screen dimming and turning on the screen saver. Oddly enough, these are contradictory behavior in how they're acting.... Regarding the screen dimming, it seems that after about 5 minutes of inactivity, the...
  8. Information for this update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Information for this update: Can anyone tell me information about this update because I could not find anything on the web and no discussions were made on this update. It is 'NVIDIA - Display - 27.21.14.5241' [ATTACH]...
  9. Contradictory item in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Contradictory item in Event Viewer: Event Viewer shows that computer has resumed from sleep but PC is, in fact, in sleep mode despite this second message Here is what I am seeing 5 seconds apart (attached) [img] 111697
  10. Contradictory sizes for Windows image?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Contradictory sizes for Windows image?: I'm trying to understand contradictory numbers about the size of the image which I've just made with the Win 7 tool. Win 10 File Explorer nonsensically reports most of the folders associated with the data backup and image as having zero size. So I used TreeSize instead....