Windows 10: control alt delete not working

Discus and support control alt delete not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; control alt delete is not working when computer is frozen have to restart instead otherwise pc is okay I guess? am using classic shell computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HaoSun, Nov 6, 2018.

1. HaoSun Win User

control alt delete not working

control alt delete is not working when computer is frozen have to restart instead
    otherwise pc is okay I guess?
    am using classic shell computer is 3 years old by now I think

Also anything about updating drivers/software /increasing performance would be helpful as well

:)

HaoSun, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Crashed Win User

All of a sudden control alt delete doesn't work ?

It works for me, but this is all it does. To be honest I thought
    control/alt/delete didn't do anything these days. I was surprised
    that screen.

control alt delete not working [​IMG]

Crashed, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. control alt delete not working - Similar Threads - control alt delete

2. Control Alt. Delete, safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Alt. Delete, safe?: Now that I'm almost certain that my computer is at risk for being hacked because of that blue screen pop up message, is it ok to prompt control, alt, delete, then sign out, shut down, or I'm I compromising a possible crash on my PC Windows 10 computer?...
  3. Control Alt. Delete, safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Alt. Delete, safe?: Now that I'm almost certain that my computer is at risk for being hacked because of that blue screen pop up message, is it ok to prompt control, alt, delete, then sign out, shut down, or I'm I compromising a possible crash on my PC Windows 10 computer?...
  4. Control Alt. Delete, safe?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Control alt delete without The DELETE Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control alt delete without The DELETE Key: I have a MacBook that has boot camp windows 11 And it doesn’t have the delete key how can I do control alt delete without the delete key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-alt-delete-without-the-delete-key/0c5e51f4-cfa6-4f57-b5e2-cb447b61dc73
  6. Control alt delete without The DELETE Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control alt delete without The DELETE Key: I have a MacBook that has boot camp windows 11 And it doesn’t have the delete key how can I do control alt delete without the delete key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-alt-delete-without-the-delete-key/0c5e51f4-cfa6-4f57-b5e2-cb447b61dc73
  7. Ctrl Alt Delete not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Alt Delete not working: My Win10 HP laptop freezes often and when attempts are made to use Ctrl Alt Delete it no longer works-period- .. All I can do is power off .. there is no workaround so far that I have found. PLEASE HELP!...
  8. All of a sudden control alt delete doesn't work ?

in Windows 10 Support
    All of a sudden control alt delete doesn't work ?: Any idea what causes this ? Really strange . Works for a while then all of a sudden I get the message stating it doesn't work and hit escape ? 5810
  9. control+alt+delete not working on lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    control+alt+delete not working on lock screen: I recently ran autoruns and disabled some things from running at startup such as cloud storage, Bluetooth, Plex. I used filters and hid all Microsoft items. Now on the lockscreen Control+Alt+Delete do not do anything and I am locked out of my computer. I have not been...
  10. Control+Alt+Delete lockscreen solid colour + no widgets

in Windows 10 Support
    Control+Alt+Delete lockscreen solid colour + no widgets: Why is it that then Control+Alt+Delete is enabled, the lockscreen is a solid colour and none of the widgets show? Rather annoying... 10709