Windows 10: Control Center 4 will not identify my default printer.

Discus and support Control Center 4 will not identify my default printer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Brother Printer default works with all programs on my computer except the Brother APP Control Center 4. When I select the Model it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NORMANLEE_553, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Control Center 4 will not identify my default printer.

My Brother Printer default works with all programs on my computer except the Brother APP Control Center 4. When I select the Model it shows MFC-J4510DW LAN or LAN#2 which are not listed in Devices and Printers and I do not know where they came from. The current default printer is MFC-J4510DW Printer Copy 1. How can I get the APP to recognize the default printer Copy 1?

:)

NORMANLEE_553, Mar 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Cannot Set Printer Default

Hi Marc,

I suggest you to place the computer in Clean boot state and then try to make the default printer.

Perform clean boot to identify if any 3rd party service is causing this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow
    Step 3 from the link to start the computer to
    Normal startup mode.

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

To make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager

• Select devices and printers

• Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 31, 2020
  3. How do I set up default printer in Windows 10

Hi Marcy,

Thank you for posting your response.

We would like to know if you are facing any issue when you printer documents with on other printer.

I would like to inform you that, whenever you give a task to printer on your computer it always selects the default printer to print.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set the printer as default.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Devices and Printers.
    • Under printers, Right on the printer.
    • Select set as default printer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Control Center 4 will not identify my default printer.

Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Control Center 4 will not identify my default printer.

1. Control Center 4 will not identify my default printer. - Similar Threads - Control Center identify

2. VAIO CONTROL CENTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VAIO CONTROL CENTER: Hi Dears,I want to install VAIO Control Center on my laptop VPCF221FD.I Already have related driver VAIO Firmware Extension Parser DeviceBut Microsoft store delivers me error Code: 0x803FB005.I'm searching for several days and there isn't any link in Sony website.it seems...
  3. game controller identified as double controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game controller identified as double controllers: Hi,My Windows 10 PC, identifies any game controller plugged in as dual devices. This happens once a game is activated like FIFA 22.Drivers update didnt resolve the issue.This happens on XBOX ONE controllers as well as on Logitec controllers...
  4. game controller identified as double controllers

game controller identified as double controllers: Hi,My Windows 10 PC, identifies any game controller plugged in as dual devices. This happens once a game is activated like FIFA 22.Drivers update didnt resolve the issue.This happens on XBOX ONE controllers as well as on Logitec controllers...
  5. game controller identified as double controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Killer Control Center

Killer Control Center: Windows updated my computer yesterday 4/14/2022. Now, when I turn it on, a window pops up saying "Issue detected. Please go to killernetworking.com to download the latest drivers/software". What is Killer Control Center? Do I even need it? When I got to killernetworking.com...
  7. Control center 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control center 4: Since doing Windows 10 update have not been able to scan via Brother MFC9410CDN to computer. Have tried rebooting both units; have deleted and re-installed printer and have checked driver is the latest with Brother download. This is causing me great issues as rely on this to...
  8. Killer Control Center

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Killer Control Center: Hi Group, Every time there is a Windows 10 update, "Killer Control Center" is downloaded as well. 5 times in a row now. It seems to be coming directly from Microsoft. What is this and how can I stop it? I appreciate any help you can offer. *Sad 134607
  9. where is control center

where is control center: where do I find control center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-control-center/90f6e4de-6484-4445-be88-76b74d915ce5
  10. Default Printer Problem -- "Manage my default printer = OFF"

Default Printer Problem -- "Manage my default printer = OFF": Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand that Windows 10 has a new feature that automatically sets your effective default printer to the last device used (unless you explicitly turn OFF the "Let Windows manage my default printer" feature). I have turned this feature OFF (and...