Windows 10: Control Fan in Windows 10

Discus and support Control Fan in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In the bios of my laptop, there is an option to enable or disable "Fan always on". I use my laptop for gaming and schoolwork, and I would like to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KMReza, Mar 18, 2020.

1. /u/KMReza Win User

Control Fan in Windows 10

In the bios of my laptop, there is an option to enable or disable "Fan always on". I use my laptop for gaming and schoolwork, and I would like to be able to change this option without having to restart into the bios every time. Is there a program or even a setting in Windows 10 that can control this? I have updated to the latest version of Windows and done all available driver updates.

submitted by /u/KMReza
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KMReza, Mar 18, 2020
  2. STEvil Win User

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Mar 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Utility for laptop fan control?

Note that, depending on your laptop, any direct control of the fan may not be possible. I suggested the one above as it seems aimed at laptops in particular- but I've not tried it.

E.g. Speedfan lists no fan on my Thinkpad.

Ok, I've now tried NoteBook FanControl for you.
    It has preset configurations for different machines: e.g.

Control Fan in Windows 10 [​IMG]

which for my t440s gives

Control Fan in Windows 10 [​IMG]

- whereas Speedfan didn't seem to achieve anything, I'm afraid. Presumably you looked at the config editor...

dalchina, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Control Fan in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Control Fan

2. Aboaut fans controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aboaut fans controller: I installed windows 11 system yesterday. but my FN + F keys to control the fans are not working, by which keys can I control the fans. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aboaut-fans-controller/a9fa4ddf-2086-460f-95a4-746afd4b41b9
  3. Aboaut fans controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aboaut fans controller: I installed windows 11 system yesterday. but my FN + F keys to control the fans are not working, by which keys can I control the fans. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aboaut-fans-controller/a9fa4ddf-2086-460f-95a4-746afd4b41b9
  4. Does anyone know how to use "Fan Control"? Also, I don't know what's killing my PC's gaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to use "Fan Control"? Also, I don't know what's killing my PC's gaming...: I think my PC's performance issues come from the smart fan feature not working properly. So, I found this software, but I don't know how to make fan curve stuff. Here's a github link with the software and there is a video on that Github page that shows how to use...
  5. Does anyone know how to use "Fan Control"? Also, I don't know what's killing my PC's gaming...

Does anyone know how to use "Fan Control"? Also, I don't know what's killing my PC's gaming...: I think my PC's performance issues come from the smart fan feature not working properly. So, I found this software, but I don't know how to make fan curve stuff. Here's a github link with the software and there is a video on that Github page that shows how to use...
  6. Does anyone know how to use "Fan Control"? Also, I don't know what's killing my PC's gaming...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i control the fan speed in windows?: i run windows on a laptop and the fan has an issue where it is extremely loud, everytime i open my laptop it goes to full blast despite it not even being warm. i want to know how to control the speed where its not too loud, but i dont want to go into the bios and mess...
  8. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i control the fan speed in windows?: i run windows on a laptop and the fan has an issue where it is extremely loud, everytime i open my laptop it goes to full blast despite it not even being warm. i want to know how to control the speed where its not too loud, but i dont want to go into the bios and mess...
  9. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

10. Fan Controller of Case works fine in Bios with PWM Mode but not in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Controller of Case works fine in Bios with PWM Mode but not in Windows: Hello,i got Gigabyte X670 GAMING X AX and Be quiet silent base 802 case where a fan controller is mounted for the case fans. When switching the mode inside bios from auto to PWM Which also stands on the fan controller cable you can clearly hear its gets quiet, and the curve...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fan controller windows 10