Windows 10: Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.

Discus and support Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used Process Explorer to check if CFG is enabled in my C# application. CFG was disabled. I found only a Microsoft document on how to enable CFG in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HariharanSreenivas, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.

I used Process Explorer to check if CFG is enabled in my C# application. CFG was disabled. I found only a Microsoft document on how to enable CFG in Visual Studio 2015. But that was only for C/C++ projects.

Control Flow Guard

I read that CFG is enabled by default in Windows 10 but it is not enabled in my application. I found another way to enable CFG for my application by enabling strict CFG in the Windows Security Center. But I encountered the following error:

"The specified image file was blocked from loading because it does not enable a feature required by the process: Control Flow Guard"

Is there any other way to enable CFG manually?

:)

HariharanSreenivas, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Application Guard Container Service High CPU

Hi
    aka72twn,

The background process "Windows Defender Application Guard" is normal and it's very important to
    Microsoft Edge.

It's not only for Windows 10 Enterprise, but rather applies in
    Windows 10 Pro build 1803. When you browse a website, this process will highly consume CPU usage to activate a fundamental security that prevents any attacks while you are up in the Internet.

For more information about how it works, visit the links below:

If you have additional questions or concerns, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.

Enable Data Persistence for Microsoft Edge in Application Guard

I'm using Windows 10 Pro N and this just isn't working for me. I've enabled it, restarted my computer, opened Edge in Application Guard and logged into my account on a website. A restart later and I'm logged out.

Edge specifically tells me no history will be stored if I press ctrl+H in the browser.

Is this an Enterprise-only feature?

Battleroyale, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.

1. Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application. - Similar Threads - Control Flow Guard

2. Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled: Hello! I have the weirdest problem right now. I've set Application Guard to not delete the content of the sandbox, yet when I restart everything is deleted anyway. Anyone with the same problem? submitted by /u/Safe_Airport [link] [comments]...
  3. Control Flow Guard - useless?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Flow Guard - useless?: My understanding of Control Flow Guard CFG is that it is supposed to monitor correct internal program to programs calls. So, I expected that there would be some "learning issues" when I turned it on. But bluntly, I didn't expect that hassles in setting a program allowed,...
  4. Is it safe to disable Windows Control Flow Guard

Is it safe to disable Windows Control Flow Guard: Hey! I saw some other threads stating that it improves stuttering in DX12 games. Would it be safe to just disable this feature for a game specifically and not globally. The games are play are offline singleplayer games anyway. submitted by /u/vishykeh [link] [comments]...
  5. WDAG - Application Guard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDAG - Application Guard: Hello, We are seeing performance problems on boot and usage of skype on several thousand machines running application guard. The CPU on a cold boot on gen 8 i5, ssd, 8 gig of ram lasts around two minutes and along with all the other services starting impacts the initial...
  6. Edge on Application Guard + Controlled Folder --> no keyboad input

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge on Application Guard + Controlled Folder --> no keyboad input: Hi! I have just noticed that when I have Controlled Folder Access (CFA, block mode) and I open up (the old) Edge via Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) I am unable to type anything on Edge. Mouse is fine. Navigation (as long as keyboard input is not needed) is fine as...
  7. How to disable globally Control Flow Guard in Windows 10 1809

How to disable globally Control Flow Guard in Windows 10 1809: and also other exploit options, they are greyed out in settings and group policy wont let me change status to "enable" its says something about .xml files. submitted by /u/yarojohn [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 1809 Control Flow Guard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1809 Control Flow Guard: After lots of searching the bug with CFG seems to be why all Chromium Browsers were freezing,crashing and having video stutters on my pc.Fix is on the way from MS in a couple of weeks.Edge Chromium is also effected by this....
  9. Windows Application Guard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Application Guard: Windows Application Guard is on my Windows Features but its greyed out . I turned on Hyper -V but its made no difference . Hasn't it been rolled out to the public yet...
  10. Enable Data Persistence for Microsoft Edge in Application Guard

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Data Persistence for Microsoft Edge in Application Guard: How to: Enable Data Persistence for Microsoft Edge in Application Guard Enable Microsoft Edge Data Persistence with Windows Defender Application Guard in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. control flow guard wndows 10 pro enable

2. control guard C#

3. cfg control flow guard c#