Windows 10: Control key acts as if it is stuck periodically

Discus and support Control key acts as if it is stuck periodically in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since the latest update, I noticed that there's issue with the keyboard and also start up is a lot slower. I've got problem logging into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasalinChen, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Control key acts as if it is stuck periodically

Ever since the latest update, I noticed that there's issue with the keyboard and also start up is a lot slower. I've got problem logging into my account as the keyboard is not exactly functioning. It's behaving as though the ctrl key is locked on.

:)

JasalinChen, Jun 21, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Unocal Win User
    CTRL key acts as if it's stuck?

Hey!

I'm running Windows 10, and for a few weeks now, it has been acting as if the CTRL key is jammed. I replaced my keyboard with multiple others, and the problem persisted. I read a few forums, and one suggested to press both CTRL keys at the same time,
    which only worked once. Then, another said to open the virtual keyboard. This showed clearly that the keys were indeed held down, but I couldn't deactivate them from there, so it really didn't help. Are there any fixes to this?

Unocal, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Control key acts as if it is stuck periodically

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Control key acts as if it is stuck periodically

1. Control key acts as if it is stuck periodically - Similar Threads - Control key acts

2. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control key acts like windows key: Whenever I press the control key on my keyboard, it acts like the windows key. This makes me unable to do any shortcuts like copy/paste/new-tab/etc.I've tried 3 different keyboards and they all have the same issue which makes me believe that it is a software issue on my...
  3. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control key acts like windows key: Whenever I press the control key on my keyboard, it acts like the windows key. This makes me unable to do any shortcuts like copy/paste/new-tab/etc.I've tried 3 different keyboards and they all have the same issue which makes me believe that it is a software issue on my...
  4. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My control key is acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My control key is acting weird: Dear forum,I am recently having some troubles with my control key. It was working fine until after I cleaned my keybored, every control hotkey now does something different. Control 123 opens what ever in on the task bar rather than switching between pages on chrome. Ctrl c v...
  6. My control key is acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    My control key is acting weird: Dear forum,I am recently having some troubles with my control key. It was working fine until after I cleaned my keybored, every control hotkey now does something different. Control 123 opens what ever in on the task bar rather than switching between pages on chrome. Ctrl c v...
  7. right control key acting wierd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right control key acting wierd: In the past few days my keyboard have been acting strange. My "5" key on the numpad doesn't work but it keeps inputting "5". After i use the keyboard tester, it turns out that when i press right ctrl, it will input as if i'm holding down "5" and pressing left ctrl stops the...
  8. right control key acting wierd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right control key acting wierd: In the past few days my keyboard have been acting strange. My "5" key on the numpad doesn't work but it keeps inputting "5". After i use the keyboard tester, it turns out that when i press right ctrl, it will input as if i'm holding down "5" and pressing left ctrl stops the...
  9. right control key acting wierd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Ctrl key acts as if it's stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl key acts as if it's stuck: It doesn't happen until a few seconds after I log into my profile.Then it's stuck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acts-as-if-its-stuck/a4130b80-fbb9-48a3-8377-44f5f9248e24