Windows 10: Control Key acts stuck when i switch to tablet mode on laptop

Discus and support Control Key acts stuck when i switch to tablet mode on laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought an asus x13 flow laptop which is convertible. I am using windows 11. Initially all worked well until randomly each time when i would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AwaisT, Sep 27, 2022.

1. AwaisT Win User

Control Key acts stuck when i switch to tablet mode on laptop

I recently bought an asus x13 flow laptop which is convertible. I am using windows 11. Initially all worked well until randomly each time when i would flip the screen for tablet mode, the ctrl key would get stuck. It meant random shortcuts would occur whenever i clicked any keys or the screen would start zooming zooming when i would scroll. Ive tried literally everything on the internet to fix this including updating drivers, disabling sticky/ toggle/ filter keys, restoring bios, ctrl alt del, holding certain keys for certain times, updating etc. The lot, you name it. Nothing has fixed the iss

:)

AwaisT, Sep 27, 2022
  2. Alden Rey Win User

switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu.
    If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. Kindly follow the steps below to sort out the concern:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appear
    • Toggle "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." to on to enable Tablet mode. Or off to go to desktop mode
    • Configure the "When this device automatically switches" menu to let Windows 10 to switch modes on your 2-in-1 prompt or not prompt you.

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 27, 2022
  3. switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

my device is stuck in vertical tablet mode. i cant switch it back to horizontal tablet mode or laptop mode. i have restarted it a few times to no avail. its a lenovo yoga 2 which i have had for 3 years. never had this problem before.

cheesywotsits, Sep 27, 2022
  4. latsyrcg3 Win User

Laptop stuck in Tablet Mode

I was using my laptop and some how it switched to tablet mode. I went into settings and switched it back to desktop mode, but it is still APPEARS as if in tablet mode. I cannot access my desktop nor do I get the standard menu (search box) when I select the
    windows icon in the bottom left corner.

latsyrcg3, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Control Key acts stuck when i switch to tablet mode on laptop - Similar Threads - Control Key acts

2. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  3. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  4. Control Key acts stuck when i switch to tablet mode on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Key acts stuck when i switch to tablet mode on laptop: I recently bought an asus x13 flow laptop which is convertible. I am using windows 11. Initially all worked well until randomly each time when i would flip the screen for tablet mode, the ctrl key would get stuck. It meant random shortcuts would occur whenever i clicked any...
  5. ctrl key acts as if it's stuck whenever I connect graphics tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ctrl key acts as if it's stuck whenever I connect graphics tablet: I had windows 7 on my pc and for years this tablet worked normally. I tried using it on my brother's pc which had windows 10 and I couldn't do anything because the ctrl key was on the whole time even after disconnecting the tablet. I now have a new pc with windows 10 and I'm...
  6. Control key acts as if it is stuck periodically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control key acts as if it is stuck periodically: Ever since the latest update, I noticed that there's issue with the keyboard and also start up is a lot slower. I've got problem logging into my account as the keyboard is not exactly functioning. It's behaving as though the ctrl key is locked on....
  7. Laptop stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop stuck in tablet mode: I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 720-13KB in 2017, with Windows 10 It just started automatically going into tablet mode and not allowing me to change it back to desktop/keyboard mode, even though I have the setup parameter set to always open in desktop mode. I have also changed...
  8. Tablet mode interface switching?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode interface switching?: Hi everyone As I have been using my tablet I started wondering if there's a way, while in tablet mode, to have windows symbol, back arrow, and Cortana symbol in the bottom right hand corner. In other words switch the placements of those items with the time, battery,...
  9. Stuck on tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on tablet mode?: Hi. I had problems with autohiding my taskbar and found out that restarting Windows Explorer might help. That was big mistake; after doing that my desktop went full black, only taskbar showing but not working and I restarted my computer. After restarting computer,...
  10. Stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in tablet mode: I have a Toshiba Click 10 lx0w-c-104 that is stuck in tablet mode,can someone please tell me how to revert to computer mode please. 33527