Windows 10: Control key problems

Discus and support Control key problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At some point recently my Ctrl key started acting strangely. It beeps either 2 times or 4 times depending on the phase of the moon. I cannot hit any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffnc, Jun 8, 2019.

1. jeffnc Win User

Control key problems

At some point recently my Ctrl key started acting strangely. It beeps either 2 times or 4 times depending on the phase of the moon. I cannot hit any other key to get a function since it takes the Ctrl key to mean something by itself. It will do things like bring up the history tab in Firefox or other weird behavior in other apps. This is not a sticky key or similar issue as I already tried that (that behaves differently anyway.) Any help appreciated.

:)

jeffnc, Jun 8, 2019

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jun 8, 2019
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Jun 8, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Control key problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Control key problems

1. Control key problems - Similar Threads - Control key problems

2. controller problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controller problem: My controller have speaker but I cant use it. I able to use for 1 time but now not anymore. Its used to show as Speakerwireless controller but now it show as headset earphonewireless controller which mean it only work when i plug ear phone to the controller. i want to use my...
  3. Problem with control, alt, F10 and Windows key on my keyboard, but the problem is not with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with control, alt, F10 and Windows key on my keyboard, but the problem is not with...: Hello! So, recently, I had to be away from my pc for 3 days and I didn't touch it, turned it on, nothing, because of a trip. But when I came back, both of my control keys, both alt keys, the Windows key and the F10 key stopped working on my HyperX Mars keyboard on every...
  4. Problem with control, alt, F10 and Windows key on my keyboard, but the problem is not with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with control, alt, F10 and Windows key on my keyboard, but the problem is not with...: Hello! So, recently, I had to be away from my pc for 3 days and I didn't touch it, turned it on, nothing, because of a trip. But when I came back, both of my control keys, both alt keys, the Windows key and the F10 key stopped working on my HyperX Mars keyboard on every...
  5. Controller Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Problem: I have an issue of my controller constantly acting like a mouse and keyboard when playing games. I can't get rid of this effect and I don't know what to do. I do use steam by the way....
  6. Controller Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller Problem: I have an issue of my controller constantly acting like a mouse and keyboard when playing games. I can't get rid of this effect and I don't know what to do. I do use steam by the way....
  7. Controller Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller Problem: to get right to the point. my controllerno matter what controller it is will crouchR3 automatically and is unable to look to the left. i am using ds4 windows i even uninstalled it updated it and re downloaded it. help?...
  8. Control key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control key: Hello, I have Windows 10 20H2 S1.0 64 bit. the both control key can't working. Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎3/‎14/‎2021 OS build 19042.630 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0...
  9. controller problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    controller problems: hey guys, (first time im on this sub) i have a little problem concerning my two ninetndo switch controllers, for some reason they seem to not function at all, windows detects them but every time i go into steam it seems to not work at all, its not the cable or the controllers...
  10. Controller problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller problem: I have two external USB DVD/CD writers in my setup for dubbing. Lately I'm having trouble with disk management recognizing both drives. When I run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, after attempting to reinstall the driver, I get the message "controller does not have enough...