Windows 10: control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this?

Discus and support control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My control keys stop working for commands. i know its registering that im clicking them because no text comes out, and when i do ctrl+alt+del the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aidan Patten, Mar 2, 2024.

1. control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this?

My control keys stop working for commands. i know its registering that im clicking them because no text comes out, and when i do ctrl+alt+del the screen pops up, but when i try to do something like ctrl+c it doesnt work. The only way to fix it that i know of is to restart, and then it breaks again soon enough that it would be a major inconvenience to try and restart every time it happens. does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

:)

Aidan Patten, Mar 2, 2024
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update

Hi - I am facing an issue for the past few days after updating Windows 10(auto-update). Left Control key in Notebook keypad stopped working after the update and I have tried many steps suggested in various forums. None has worked so far, so hoping for some
    help here. Below are the steps I have already tried:

1. Update Keyboard Driver

2. Uninstall keyboard driver

3. Complete any pending Windows update

4. Make English US the default language & remove others.

All these were suggested in various forums which have worked for others but none of these have solved the issue for me.

Sachin87GR, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Mohan B P Win User

control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this?

Email, contacts, store etc... stops to work

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands in the given order and press Enter
      key after each command.

1. net stop wuauserv

2. rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old

3. net start wuauserv

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

After performing the above steps, I suggest you to try installing all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this?

1. control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this? - Similar Threads - control key stops

2. Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?: Hello,I have been running the same windows 10 pc for a couple years now with no issue. About a month ago I started my pc for the day as normal and my PIN didn't work. Instead it told me to log in with my Microsoft password. After doing some digging it appears that Windows...
  3. Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?: Hello,I have been running the same windows 10 pc for a couple years now with no issue. About a month ago I started my pc for the day as normal and my PIN didn't work. Instead it told me to log in with my Microsoft password. After doing some digging it appears that Windows...
  4. Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this?

control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this?: My control keys stop working for commands. i know its registering that im clicking them because no text comes out, and when i do ctrl+alt+del the screen pops up, but when i try to do something like ctrl+c it doesnt work. The only way to fix it that i know of is to restart,...
  6. my widgets stopped working how do i fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my widgets stopped working how do i fix this: i dont know what happened but after i updated my widgets quit working how do i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-widgets-stopped-working-how-do-i-fix-this/187a206c-ca0b-4306-91d8-b3e13351c7f1
  7. my widgets stopped working how do i fix this

my widgets stopped working how do i fix this: i dont know what happened but after i updated my widgets quit working how do i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-widgets-stopped-working-how-do-i-fix-this/187a206c-ca0b-4306-91d8-b3e13351c7f1
  8. My ethernet randomly stopped working how do i fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My ethernet randomly stopped working how do i fix it: My ethernet stopped working and is saying "Unidentified Network" and "Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration," I have tried a different ethernet cable and even a new Wi-Fi booster, it is still not working and using normal Wi-Fi is a lot slower....
  9. how do i fix the voium problem it just stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix the voium problem it just stop working: i have an hp pavillian 360 i can not hear anything for games zoom it just stop working please help this is not the first time this has happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-voium-problem-it-just-stop/f20c7411-cbfe-4773-89a3-030455fb56dc
  10. Both Control Keys that Have Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both Control Keys that Have Stopped Working: i'm using windows 10 in laptop lenovo y700 both CTRL key stopped working i have tried this solution alt+ctrl+fn and it worked properly but now it stopped working...