Windows 10: Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue

Discus and support Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got an ASUS ROG GL502VV DB71 laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I believe this happened after the latest Windows update! 1 - Anytime I press my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Crockett, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Crockett Win User

Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue

I've got an ASUS ROG GL502VV DB71 laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I believe this happened after the latest Windows update!
    1 - Anytime I press my Control key my screen zooms in and it never did that before. I can’t press Control-c or Control-v or Control-Alt-Del without the screen zooming in!
    2 - My scroll wheel doesn't work correctly in the Start menu. I can scroll down but it quickly scrolls back up by itself unless I move my cursor off the Start menu. When I move the cursor off the menu, it stays there --- otherwise it scrolls back up by itself. Same with the settings menu but works correctly in Word and other screens such as in my Firefox browser. I’ve reset the mouse to “on” (even though it was already "on") in the Settings/Devices/ Mouse/Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them – but that didn’t fix the scrolling issue.
    3 - I’ve tried the Windows help page but in the "Windows Version" window to choose a Windows version -- when I click in the window, it briefly opens the options below but quickly closes by itself. It won't stay open for me to make a choice. Same with any other “choice”window. Therefore I can’t send the question on the Windows help page.
    I’ve tried to roll back the latest update and also tried the “Repair” option. I’ve also tried to reset my computer but it wanted to uninstall a number of installed programs I’ve been using successfully for years.
    Nothing helped. How do I fix these issues! Thanks in advance!

:)

Crockett, Nov 8, 2019

2. Tablet mode Scroll Often Zooms

Hi Mark,

Are you using the touchpad to scroll? Could it be that the Pinch Zoom feature is enabled? To check, follow these steps:

1. Press Start button on the keyboard, type Touchpad settings and select the top most search result.
    2. Scroll down until you find the Pinch to zoom option.
    3. Uncheck the box next to Pinch to zoom.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Badly zoomed in on all Office products and Explorer

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• If you have a mouse with a wheel, hold down the Ctrl key, and then scroll the wheel to zoom in or out.
    • From the keyboard, you can increase or decrease the zoom value in 10% increments. To zoom in, press Ctrl + (+). To zoom out, press Ctrl + (-). To restore the zoom to 100%, press Ctrl+0.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue

Tablet mode Scroll Often Zooms

Interesting except I'm using the surface of the tablet itself to Scroll.

I've not coded on Windows in over 10 yrs, here's what I guess is going on:

- Windows interprets my one fingered slow drag as a pinch

- The apps DrawBoard and Edge Interpret a pinch as a zoom

So I'm guessing the bug is a windows problem. I checked both DrawBoard and Edge - there is nothing around zooming for me to disable.

MarkLevison, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue

1. Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue - Similar Threads - Control key zooms

2. scroll and zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scroll and zoom: scroll and zoom option for two finger scrolling does not have my windows 11 laptop: hp pavilion x360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-and-zoom/6f97e714-9655-4a14-a020-7f3557dd8503
  3. scroll and zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scroll and zoom: scroll and zoom option for two finger scrolling does not have my windows 11 laptop: hp pavilion x360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-and-zoom/6f97e714-9655-4a14-a020-7f3557dd8503
  4. Start Menu Auto Scrolling Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start Menu Auto Scrolling Issues: I need help and I'm at the last straw. I have a computer that is only a year old, a CyberPower desktop, and a few days ago the start menu and other device menus began auto scrolling downward and would not release. I have done everything listed below:Uninstalled the drivers to...
  5. Start Menu List - ZOOM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List - ZOOM: Is the program ZOOM installed on a user-by-user basis? I installed ZOOM through my (everyday use) Standard account & placed the shortcut into the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder, as I do w/other shortcuts just in case I need them when I do use my...
  6. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  7. Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved]

in Cortana
    Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved]: I have already solved this actually, but I still decide to post this so that I can help people after me having the same issue. If your start menu keep scrolling itself as if someone's holding the 'up' or 'down' key consistently, and you have a controller, check if one of...
  8. Issues with zoom features/scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with zoom features/scrolling: Earlier today, while I was playing my Nintendo Switch, I glanced over at my laptop screen and noticed that the icons on the desktop had suddenly become much larger than usual. I right-clicked the desktop to return the icons to their normal size, but also immediately after...
  9. Weird scrolling/zooming issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird scrolling/zooming issue: When I open the settings app and then go into a category, it scrolls straight down to the bottom like this and when I open a picture, it starts zooming into the center of it. To me, it doesn't make sense because one auction is the equivalent of scrolling down and one would be...
  10. Start menu trackpad scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu trackpad scrolling: Hey guys ever since the 1903 update, I can't scroll down my apps and programs in the start menu usimg the trackpad scrolling gesture, so I have to use the slider on the side which quite inconvenient, I can use the scroll wheel if I have a mouse plugged tho. Anyone know how to...