Windows 10: Control keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Tab) don't work on the left side while working on the...

Discus and support Control keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Tab) don't work on the left side while working on the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Thanks! :) submitted by /u/WolfOfDeribasovskaya [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WolfOfDeribasovskaya, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Control keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Tab) don't work on the left side while working on the...

/u/WolfOfDeribasovskaya, Nov 26, 2019

2. some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

Hi,

Some of ctrl shortcuts with left control are suddenly not working anymore, like ctrl v,c,t but they are working with the right control key. They were working a few days ago. Also, ctrl z and x are working (with both left and right) so left control key
    IS working physically (on-screen keyboard also show the key being pressed).

A few random keys with left shift are also not responding like shift+5 and some others (seems absolutely random). Currently using Windows 10.

What I already tried (and failed, obviously):

• troubleshooter for keyboard
    • checked it in Safe Mode
    • uninstalled the keyboard driver (from device manager) and restart the computer
    • updating the keyboard driver (from device manager)
    • updating windows
    • signing out and creating a new account
    • resetting the BIOS to default
    • reinstalled the whole windows!!
    Although the shortcuts are working with an external keyboard.

Please Help me I have tried many things but none are working... And I can't keep using the external keyboard, and these shortcuts not working is super frustrating!!! HELP!!!

Abdul MoizFarooq, Nov 26, 2019
  3. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Okay thanks. Didn't know that tool.
    It does list Ctrl+Shift+, 3 & 8. But it doesn't say what they're registered to. (And nothing seems to happen when I press them.)

The tool turns up a very short list, by the way, compared to the screenshots on that site. Just these three plus:
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+Delete
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+J (I know what this is from)
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+K (Kindle)
    Hot Key : Alt+F4

franklekens, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Fonebone1 Win User

Control keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Tab) don't work on the left side while working on the...

RD Client app broken since Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys not working

I was using the Windows RD Client (App Store version) with Windows 10 uneventfully with perfect functionality right up until the Anniversary Update automatically installed on my machine about a week ago. Now, the Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys do not work properly
    anymore within the remote desktop window. The keys all work fine on my local machine/desktop so it's not a hardware issue.

Here are the detailed behaviors of the various meta keys:

• The Shift and Ctrl keys don't work with the RD client window maximized, but the Alt key does work (- Shift, - Ctrl, + Alt)
    • In full-screen mode the Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys behave the same as when the window is maximized (- Shift, - Ctrl, + Alt)
    • The Shift and Ctrl keys do work when the RD client window isn't maximized, but the Alt key doesn't work (+ Shift, + Ctrl, - Alt)
    • Most bizarrely, if the window isn't maximized, but I drag the side window edges to make the window almost as wide as the screen, it starts to behave as if the window were maximized (- Shift, - Ctrl, +Alt) when both window side edges get close to the side
      screen edges. The same does not happen, however, when I drag the top and bottom window edges up and down, respectively, to make the window as tall as possible.
    I need to use the RD Client almost daily for work so this is extremely annoying and affects productivity. I see that I am not the first to report this issue. Is this issue being looked into for a permanent fix rather than the poor workaround solution of
    having to alternate maximizing and restoring the window depending on which meta key I need to use? Is uninstalling the Anniversary Update an option, or will it just keep being reinstalled?

Fonebone1, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Control keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Tab) don't work on the left side while working on the...

1. Control keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Tab) don't work on the left side while working on the... - Similar Threads - Control keys Alt

2. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  3. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  4. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  5. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  6. Tab and left CTRL not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab and left CTRL not working: I have had this problem persist for a few months now so restarting the computer or updating windows is not the answer. My left CTRL key and Tab key on my HP Envy 360 stopped working suddenly. The laptop is less than a year old and I have removed the keys to check for debris...
  7. Tab and left CTRL not working

Tab and left CTRL not working: I have had this problem persist for a few months now so restarting the computer or updating windows is not the answer. My left CTRL key and Tab key on my HP Envy 360 stopped working suddenly. The laptop is less than a year old and I have removed the keys to check for debris...
  8. Tab and left CTRL not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. tab and left ctrl keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tab and left ctrl keys stopped working: hello microsoft answers, today both my tab key and left ctrl key randomly stopped working. every other key works fine except for those two, coincidentally my 2 most used keys. ive tried searching online for answers but they keep giving me solutions for the tab + left ctrl...
  10. CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work: So for a while now my CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys have not been working and i have no idea why. I've looked for solutions on a lot of different forums but all the suggestions are the same. I don't have sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are up to date and I only have one...