Windows 10: Control network adapters possible?

Discus and support Control network adapters possible? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connect to the router with the ethernet cable and the wireless. I need the wireless for the remote printer. No problems with this arrangement. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TGeorge111, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Control network adapters possible?

I connect to the router with the ethernet cable and the wireless. I need the wireless for the remote printer. No problems with this arrangement.

My question: can I control which adapter (ethernet or wireless) connects to the router without turning wireless OFF or DISABLE the ethernet adapter?

Thanks,

Terry

:)

TGeorge111, Jun 22, 2019

2. Install a driver for your network adapter

Go to the list of network adapters in the control panel, turn of the lan and turn it on again. See if that helps.

Peter1986C, Jun 22, 2019
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Control network adapters possible?

Network Adapter and Error code 0x800706bb

Hi Vanessa,

One of the possible reasons why you are having an issue with the network adapter is because some components of the program may be corrupted and needs to update. To resolve your concern regarding the network issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter to scan and correct any possible cause of the issue.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Network settings > press Enter
      and click Status.
    • Under Network Status, click Network troubleshooter.
    • Follow the steps provided on the pop-up windows.
    • Once you're done, restart your device.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps below:

Step 2. Uninstall and reinstall the network driver to make sure that you will have the latest driver available for your device.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Double-click on the device, and then click the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall, then OK.
    Download and install the latest version of network adapter driver on the manufacturer's website.

On the other hand, the error 0x800706bb occurs when some files on the system are missing. To resolve this concern you may follow the steps provided in this
    link.

Let us know if the solutions worked for you.

Joseph Ban, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Control network adapters possible?

1. Control network adapters possible? - Similar Threads - Control network adapters

2. Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in Control Panel >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in Settings >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  3. Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in Control Panel >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in Settings >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  4. BSOD Possible linked to network adapter?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Possible linked to network adapter?: I had an old ws parked in the garage since 2017 (cus he was giving me lots of BSOD headaches since Win10) and now with lockdown I decided to give it to my daughter to do her schooling in order to save wife's notebook. It is an old machine dating almost (old)10 years with 2...
  5. Network and Ethernet Controller under “other devices” instead of Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network and Ethernet Controller under “other devices” instead of Network Adapters: Hi! Recently on my HP laptop, my wireless network controller has been under the “other devices” tab in my device manager and everytime I try to manually download an update or a new driver file, it comes up with an error. Now, when I tried to check this I hooked up my ethernet...
  6. Network Adapter Missed in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Missed in Control Panel: Hello, my laptop have several physical network adapters and some virtualization software installed VirtualBox, VMware and Hyper-V WSL2. I tried to create bridge a Hyper-V Virtual Adapter with Wi-Fi but failed. I had to run "netcfg -d" to cleanup network configurations and...
  7. Network adapter

Network adapter: Hi. I have a laptop with windows 10. Ive tried to connect to the internet but it is saying “windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter” Ive never had this issue before. Could always connect to the wifi. thanks....
  8. Network adapter

Network adapter: Hi guys ! So i did a pretty dumb thing. I uninstalled all my network adapters. I went to device manager and clicked on search for hardware changes. Now under network adapter is intelr etc. but it has a exclamation mark and it's saying that it requests further installation. I...
  9. Network adapters

Network adapters: I have just had to reinstall windows on my new computer after I was locked out as I did not have a bitlocker security key. Now I cannot access the internet. It says that Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. Any idea how i reinstall?...
  10. Marvell AVASTAR network controller or Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter is...

Marvell AVASTAR network controller or Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter is...: I have XPS13 and it had been working fine. However sice yesterday the wifi tab went missing. It does not show up in network setting. I searched on Microsoft website and it said to go to device manager - network adapter. It said if "Marvell AVASTAR network controller or...