Windows 10: Control Panel closes when opening printing perferences.

Discus and support Control Panel closes when opening printing perferences. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue on multiple devices where if I go to Control Panel > Devices & Printers, right click on a printer and select Printing Preferences it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamAFL, Sep 10, 2020.

1. SamAFL Win User

Control Panel closes when opening printing perferences.

I have an issue on multiple devices where if I go to Control Panel > Devices & Printers, right click on a printer and select Printing Preferences it will not respond for a second or two and then the Control Panel and all other associated windows will just close.

The printers are network printers, I have tried the usual troubleshooting, eg making sure the device is up to date, checking the printer drivers, reinstalling the printers and the drivers etc.

Has anyone had this problem before and resolved it?

:)

SamAFL, Sep 10, 2020

2. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Sep 10, 2020
  3. windows 10 control panel

Great help.......thanks.....I wonder why Microsoft did not installed it automatically....

MannyMarinPR, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Control Panel closes when opening printing perferences.

1. Control Panel closes when opening printing perferences. - Similar Threads - Control Panel closes

2. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel not openning: Hello i can't open cotrol paneli have this errorException EAccessViolation in module UninistallExplorer.dll at 02D36EB0Access violation at 02D37EB0. write of address 02D37EB0...
  3. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel not openning: Hello i can't open cotrol paneli have this errorException EAccessViolation in module UninistallExplorer.dll at 02D36EB0Access violation at 02D37EB0. write of address 02D37EB0...
  4. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  5. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  6. Control Panel will not open

Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  7. Control Panel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel not opening: I recently updated my preview build to 22h22262.586 and ever since then control panel isnt opening, even if i click uninstall on a program which opens control panel isnt working. only way to open control panel is to go to "C:\Windows\System32\appwiz.cpl".PLS HELP, i dont want...
  8. Control Panel not opening

Control Panel not opening: I recently updated my preview build to 22h22262.586 and ever since then control panel isnt opening, even if i click uninstall on a program which opens control panel isnt working. only way to open control panel is to go to "C:\Windows\System32\appwiz.cpl".PLS HELP, i dont want...
  9. Printing Preferences from Control Panel will not open?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing Preferences from Control Panel will not open?: Hi, We have x2 Windows 10 Pro Dell PC's but just today both would no longer allow the user to select the printing preferences page. Both are set as the default printer. We added another make/model of printer but that displays the preferences OKI also installed all the latest...
  10. NVDIA control panel closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVDIA control panel closes: NVIDIA GEFORCE 840M control panel closes automatically Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvdia-control-panel-closes/7f7036c3-3236-49fd-947d-10bbb5f6b875