Windows 10: Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option?

Discus and support Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a recent regular restart of my computer, the Wi-Fi option no longer displays or connects on my PC. I have tried several other options like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LightBoothPhoto Co, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option?

After a recent regular restart of my computer, the Wi-Fi option no longer displays or connects on my PC. I have tried several other options like ensuring Network Discovery is turned on, as well as a network reset, to no avail. See some photos below of the current status of my PC. Not sure precise version of Windows 10 I'm running but can find out soon - last updated early August 2020.

Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option? [​IMG]

Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option? [​IMG]Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option? [​IMG]

:)

LightBoothPhoto Co, Sep 30, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 30, 2020
  3. arc1950 Win User
    Wi-Fi Networks Not Displaying

Windows 10 Home Ver 1709 (OS Build 16299.19)

When I left-click on Wi-Fi icon on task bar nothing displays and when I go to Setting > Network and Internet and click "Show available networks" again nothing displays.

I installed Win 10 ver 1709 about 2 weeks ago and until today Wi-Fi networks displayed and I could connect and disconnect without problems.

I have run the "Network reset" in Settings but it didn't solve the problem.

I managed to connect to the Internet by setting up a manual network which connects automatically, the only way to disconnect is to disable the adaptor in Control Panel.

I have turned off and on modem/router and computer.

How can I restore Wi-Fi settings?

arc1950, Sep 30, 2020
  4. johnny234 Win User

Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option?

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option?

1. Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option? - Similar Threads - Control Panel Network

2. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP All-In-One Windows 10. Today, I don't know what happened, but the Wi-Fi icon in the tray in the bottom right corner disappeared I've dealt with that before, so that's not the issue and then when I went to the "Network & Internet" tab in Settings, the option for...
  3. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP All-In-One Windows 10. Today, I don't know what happened, but the Wi-Fi icon in the tray in the bottom right corner disappeared I've dealt with that before, so that's not the issue and then when I went to the "Network & Internet" tab in Settings, the option for...
  4. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I don't have the Wi-Fi adapter in Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections

I don't have the Wi-Fi adapter in Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections: I need help with the wireless Wi-Fi. When I go to Network & Internet in settings and click on "Change adapter options" under Advanced network settings, it only shows Ethernet and bluetooth-network connection. It does not show any Wi-Fi adapter, and I haven't seen anything on...
  6. No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet: Hello guys,I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem. I saw that to resolve this problem you have to enable to “Wi-Fi” option in “Network Options” but I don’t even have that option anymore. :/Please help...
  7. No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet: Hello guys,I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem. I saw that to resolve this problem you have to enable to “Wi-Fi” option in “Network Options” but I don’t even have that option anymore. :/Please help...
  8. No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet

9. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list. If I open Network & Sharing Center and go to Change Adapter Settings, the wi-fi is present and enabled. I...
  10. No wi-fi option in network and internet

No wi-fi option in network and internet: I don't have a wifi option under Network & Internet. I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem. Plz help me! [ATTACH]...