Windows 10: Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Wifi Status/Speed: ?

Discus and support Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Wifi Status/Speed: ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Community, Who knows what the "Speed: 54.0Mbps" represents? Upload, download or some combination? That speed does not agree with the speed test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Corona Electronics, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Wifi Status/Speed: ?

Hi Community,

Who knows what the "Speed: 54.0Mbps" represents? Upload, download or some combination?

That speed does not agree with the speed test results of any internet speed testers.

Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Wifi Status/Speed: ? 077ffed7-b198-4000-ad11-6b104d45f1ed?upload=true.jpg

:)

Corona Electronics, Dec 17, 2019

2. Sharing over WiFi

Alright, here goes:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Change Connection Status
    2. Make sure your network is set to Private
    3. Also make sure you have NOT made the connection Metered
    4. Next navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center
    5. This will open up Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Network and Sharing Center
    6. Click Change Advanced Sharing Settings and under Private set Turn on Network Discovery and check the box Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices(optional)
    7. Turn on File and Printer Sharing
    8. On Guest or Public have everything turned OFF
    9. Under All networks turn off Public folder sharing, select Use 128-bit encryption and Turn on password protected sharing if you want to have added security, else turn it off and everybody should have access to all your shares without any passed user credentials.

If you choose to use password protected sharing, then there are additional steps to take. Please let me know and we continue this further.

Here are a few screenshots:

Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Wifi Status/Speed: ? [​IMG]

slicendice, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 17, 2019
  4. shobhitk Win User

Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Wifi Status/Speed: ?

Checking Wireless Network Speed- Herculian Task!

Thanks theveterans. I knew that one *Tongue. Was looking for a simpler method. A right click here and a left click there. Done! lol. never mind. I right clicked the network connection and created a shortcut on the desktop. it right away brings the status of my network connection Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Wifi Status/Speed: ? :)

Yay! Yipee!!! *Party

I know that John. But we are on another issue. Thanks anyways.

shobhitk, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Wifi Status/Speed: ?

1. Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Wifi Status/Speed: ? - Similar Threads - Control Panel Network

2. My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status: Last night, my laptop could not seem to connect to the internet using our main wifi router. We have two - which is our main router and an extender. My laptop can connect to the extender without any problem, but can’t do the same for the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands of the main...
  3. My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status: Last night, my laptop could not seem to connect to the internet using our main wifi router. We have two - which is our main router and an extender. My laptop can connect to the extender without any problem, but can’t do the same for the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands of the main...
  4. Network/wifi sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network/wifi sharing: I'm trying to share wifi network from a windows 11 laptop to a windows 10 pc but I don't know how I could go about that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networkwifi-sharing/21a9c658-b418-4b21-87f2-ed6f2e09f9e8
  5. Network/wifi sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network/wifi sharing: I'm trying to share wifi network from a windows 11 laptop to a windows 10 pc but I don't know how I could go about that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networkwifi-sharing/21a9c658-b418-4b21-87f2-ed6f2e09f9e8
  6. Network/wifi sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings

Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings: 8.8.2021Hello,SInce hte last two updates I am having problems connect PC1 with PC2 dispite the Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings are correct and the individuals disk have schareable directories. Sometime it funktion then...
  8. network and sharing center status incorrect

network and sharing center status incorrect: Any idea why my ethernet connection status in network and sharing center shows a name instead of status enabled, disabled, connected etc. ?Apparently the name is one of the device i am using and used to connect to mobile hotspot of my PC....
  9. Network Adapter Missed in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Missed in Control Panel: Hello, my laptop have several physical network adapters and some virtualization software installed VirtualBox, VMware and Hyper-V WSL2. I tried to create bridge a Hyper-V Virtual Adapter with Wi-Fi but failed. I had to run "netcfg -d" to cleanup network configurations and...
  10. WiFi Network speed and internet speed question

WiFi Network speed and internet speed question: Okay I don't understand this I have a 1gb network modem/router thru CenturyLink and what I don't understand is on all my local networking I get the 1gig speed. On my wired machines when I access the internet I actually get 900mb download/upload speeds, but when I use my...