Windows 10: Control Panel problem

Discus and support Control Panel problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes when I start the Control Panel it appears as a white box containing nothing. How can I fix this? 83167 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mobile1, Apr 28, 2017.

1. mobile1 Win User

Control Panel problem

Sometimes when I start the Control Panel it appears as a white box containing nothing.

How can I fix this?

:)

mobile1, Apr 28, 2017

2. control panel problems

I performed all of the actions that you suggested in your reply (Amit (Kumar))and I still cannot get my control panel to work. Again, I have windows 10 and checked and I have all upgrades.

When I open control panel it comes up very quickly but I cannot get any of the icons to respond then it abruptly shuts off after 10-2- seconds.

I you cannot help me fix this, can you please tell me how to access backup and restore so that I can go back to Windows 7, if possible.

Thank you

F.L.Fernandez

Fernando Fernandez2134, Apr 28, 2017
  3. control panel problems

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 28, 2017
  4. marsmimar Win User

Control Panel problem

marsmimar, Apr 29, 2017
Thema:

Control Panel problem

1. Control Panel problem - Similar Threads - Control Panel problem

2. Control Panel problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel problem: In the control panel app Bluetooth will not run. It attempts to open then stops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-problem/a2d9e07a-2ace-470e-a1eb-83466f34434e
  3. Control Panel problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel problem: In the control panel app Bluetooth will not run. It attempts to open then stops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-problem/a2d9e07a-2ace-470e-a1eb-83466f34434e
  4. control panel

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    control panel: I am trying to uninstall facebook game room from my control panel but it will not uninstall so now I am confused and have no idea what I'm doing much less what to do next could someone please help me?...
  5. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel: I want to uninstall a program/application but control panel says that there is a program currently uninstalling or being changed but I don't see the program and I do not believe I chose one to change in the first place. [ATTACH]...
  6. Problem with Java icon in control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Java icon in control panel: Hello, couple days ago, i reseted my pc windows 10, but before that i took some applications and copied them to disk local D, when i reset it , i installed java jdk and jre in my computer, i added the paths to the environment variables, installed eclipse, and it s working...
  7. Nvidia Control Panel Problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Nvidia Control Panel Problem: Dear Microsoft, I would like to let you know that there was a problem with the windows 10 1903 update on my PC. For some reason the nvidia control panel was missing. So I decided to try to install nvidia control panel on windows 10 store but it came up with almost no...
  8. control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel: I have 10130 and am surprised to still have the control panel, although the icon has changed. Has anyone still got theirs? 7093
  9. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: Hi Where did the Control panel option do? I had an update today and I use to be able to right click the start menu to get to the control panel and I just went to access the CP to turn something off and the CP option is missing from the right click menu on the start button....
  10. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: I 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday and initially found the control panel but can no longer find it. I very badly want to change my wallpaper and screen saver. Where is it? 26489