Windows 10: Control Panel Running at Startup

Discus and support Control Panel Running at Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. When I had Windows 7, I put a shortcut to Control Panel in the startup folder (I used to need it to start at startup). Now I am on Windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chiken, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Chiken Win User

Control Panel Running at Startup

Hi.
    When I had Windows 7, I put a shortcut to Control Panel in the startup folder (I used to need it to start at startup). Now I am on Windows 10 and it still starts at startup. I deleted from the folder (looked up where it was) and checked in task manager if it was set to run at startup but it wasn't there.

Thanks - all help will be appreciated.

:)

Chiken, Feb 20, 2016
  2. OUgrad Win User

Control panel opens but closes immediately on Windows 10

Try my work-around quoted below and posted here May 3, 2017.

"If I don't load Windows Error Reporting Service via msconfig, Control Panel will launch using "Control" in the Run Command. With Normal Startup in msconfig, I can also open Services and change Error Reporting Startup Type from Manual to Disabled to allow
    Control Panel launch."

OUgrad, Feb 20, 2016
  3. nelse10 Win User
    How to turn off Speech recognition in Windows 10?

In the control panel select Ease of Access then Speech Recognition. Then on the left select Advanced speech options. Here you will find under User Settings Run and Speech Recognition at startup, uncheck the box and click Apply.
    Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition

nelse10, Feb 20, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Chiken and welcome to the TenForums *Smile

You have tried the first two options which normally work for removing start-up programs. However, did you realise there are two startup folders where the item can reside; one for all users and one for individual users. Look at option 2 in the following tutorial, then there are two more options you can try: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Feb 20, 2016
  5. b1rd Win User
    Hi Chiken,

I was unclear as to what "still starts at start up," so I'm not sure if this is even related to your issue, which I sort of doubt, but while doing a google search for another thread I stumbled across something called GodMode. I thought I'd post this in case it is related.

Ref: Activate GodMode in Windows 10 - CNET

b1rd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Control Panel Running at Startup - Similar Threads - Control Panel Running

2. run,control panel and other items gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    run,control panel and other items gone: So I was trying to sort out my works synced SharePoint folders and stupidly deleted a chunk of my user folder and as a result my windows is now missing basic features like control panel , run and a few others , I can access them if I dig around but there is nothing in start...
  3. control panel

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    control panel: I am trying to uninstall facebook game room from my control panel but it will not uninstall so now I am confused and have no idea what I'm doing much less what to do next could someone please help me?...
  4. Program running that is not listed on the control panel

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program running that is not listed on the control panel: I have a program running"Shaquille.exe and need to uninstall it, how can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-running-that-is-not-listed-on-the-control/dcaab1d0-98ba-45a5-9c68-f0850c42e727
  5. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel: I want to uninstall a program/application but control panel says that there is a program currently uninstalling or being changed but I don't see the program and I do not believe I chose one to change in the first place. [ATTACH]...
  6. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel): Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have. Yesterday I reset my laptop because I was wanting to get it fresh and clean for college and get rid of all the apps and such that came with it as I purchased it...
  7. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel)

in Windows 10 Support
    Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel): Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have. Yesterday I reset my laptop because I was wanting to get it fresh and clean for college and get rid of all the apps and such that came with it as I purchased it...
  8. "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" Tiles Non-functional

in Windows 10 Support
    "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" Tiles Non-functional: I have setup a HP Stream 13 notebook, and upgraded from Win8 to Win10. Everything worked fine until today when the "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" start screen Tiles no longer function; tried 'Run as Administrator' from the pop-up menu with no success. Obviously, something has gone...
  9. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: Hi Where did the Control panel option do? I had an update today and I use to be able to right click the start menu to get to the control panel and I just went to access the CP to turn something off and the CP option is missing from the right click menu on the start button....
  10. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: I 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday and initially found the control panel but can no longer find it. I very badly want to change my wallpaper and screen saver. Where is it? 26489