Windows 10: control panel scrapping?

Discus and support control panel scrapping? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I looked at the Windows 10 build 9860 iso in the Winaero site and there was a "what's new in W10 build 9860". One item mentioned that control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinmar49, Oct 27, 2014.

1. tinmar49 Win User

control panel scrapping?

I looked at the Windows 10 build 9860 iso in the Winaero site and there was a "what's new in W10 build 9860". One item mentioned that control panel might be replaced by pc settings. I have succeeded in updating one pc to build 9860 via the pc settings page and I have been unable to find anything comparable to cp there. I pinned cp to the task bar in the original build and it's still there. When I originally pinned it, I received a message from Microsoft asking me if I preferred cp and I said yes.

:)

tinmar49, Oct 27, 2014
  2. Rohn007 Win User

control panel

Is it a "desktop" application or a Window Store app?

Find it in the Start menu and right click on the tile/icon. Some include an Uninstall Option.

Otherwise:SIX WAYS TO REMOVE OR UNINSTALL WINDOWS PROGRAMS AND APPS

http://www.7tutorials.com/six-ways-removeuninst...

1. Uninstall Programs from the Control Panel

2. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall Shortcuts

3. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall.exe

4. Uninstall Programs Using Their Setup MSI File

5. Uninstall Windows 8 Apps & Desktop Applications from the Start screen

6. Use a Specialized Software Uninstaller

COMPLETELY UNINSTALL / REMOVE A SOFTWARE PROGRAM IN WINDOWS WITH MANUAL DELETE STEPS – WITHOUT USING 3RD PARTY TOOL

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-completely-uninstal...

TRY A 3RD PARTY FREEWARE TOOL LIKE REVO UNINSTALLER

http://www.worldstart.com/revo-uninstaller/print/

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller...

2015 12 18- 16 FREE UNINSTALLER PROGRAMS

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/software-tools/tp...

Rohn007, Oct 27, 2014
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    control panel

I think you may find that in your Startup items:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if WinZip Driver Updater is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list see if WinZip Driver Updater is listed, uncheck it you find it

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, Oct 27, 2014
  4. Berton Win User

control panel scrapping?

Try typing control panel in the Search box and see if it comes up. Right-clicking the Start button should show Control Panel on the list.

(same as in Windows 8)
    Control Panel - Open in Windows 8

Berton, Oct 27, 2014
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's referring to the new zPC settings on your Apps screen, and if it may be a modern replacement for the usual Control Panel.

I'm thinking they will not eliminate the Control Panel, but just have both options available.

Brink, Oct 27, 2014
  6. davehc Win User
    Not sure from the op, as to whether you found the CP?

Right click the desktop - personalise - Change desktop icons will get you there. Also Windows key +C - settings. And, as mentioned in post #2

As Brink says, the mysterious zPC settings is a clue as to where MS may be heading.

davehc, Oct 27, 2014
  7. tinmar49 Win User
    Iv'e just looked through all of zPC settings and can't find anything remotely related to control panel. There was a message from Microsoft asking whether it was fast enough, I couldn't answer it.

tinmar49, Oct 27, 2014
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

control panel scrapping?

Brink, Oct 27, 2014
  9. tinmar49 Win User
    I think you misunderstand, I have never lost control panel, I was hoping someone could explain what Microsoft is thinking of replacing it with. I think that Microsoft got it right all those years ago and any attempt to "upgrade" it would be a pointless, retrograde step.

tinmar49, Oct 27, 2014
  10. davehc Win User
    I believe the point here is, that at present (Windows 8/8.1, carried into windows 10) is that there are three paths to the Control Panel and, at the same time, the Charms -Settings/all settings, offers much of the same thing. It looks, to me, as though Microsoft are going to roll everything into the all settings and scrap the control panel entirely.

davehc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

control panel scrapping?

1. control panel scrapping? - Similar Threads - control panel scrapping

2. control panel

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    control panel: I am trying to uninstall facebook game room from my control panel but it will not uninstall so now I am confused and have no idea what I'm doing much less what to do next could someone please help me?...
  3. Control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Control panel: With my new computer, I unable to pin the Control panel to the taskbar. I have right-clicked on the icon in File Explorer and other places. I am never offered to pin it to the taskbar. Thanks for answering....
  4. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel: I want to uninstall a program/application but control panel says that there is a program currently uninstalling or being changed but I don't see the program and I do not believe I chose one to change in the first place. [ATTACH]...
  5. control panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    control panel: What is WinPcap 4.1.2 by CACE Technologies in control panel and is it safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel/c15effe1-63a7-4340-9a8f-7b6662c1725f"
  6. control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    control panel: I have intel g41 wddm 1.1 driver...can't open gfxui.exe(control panel)...does this driver really dont have a control panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/control-panel/2fce9ea9-337e-454c-aaa1-edabd069e404
  7. control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel: I have 10130 and am surprised to still have the control panel, although the icon has changed. Has anyone still got theirs? 7093
  8. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: Hi Where did the Control panel option do? I had an update today and I use to be able to right click the start menu to get to the control panel and I just went to access the CP to turn something off and the CP option is missing from the right click menu on the start button....
  9. Control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control panel: Windows 10 pro, I can open control panel using administrator account but it does not open using a standard account. Also the control panel functions in system settings do not function either. Help is appreciated. 26664
  10. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: I 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday and initially found the control panel but can no longer find it. I very badly want to change my wallpaper and screen saver. Where is it? 26489