Windows 10: "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh

Discus and support "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here's a video example. Troubleshooting Help: What is your parts list? PCPartPicker Part List Type Item Price CPU Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Klubhead, Dec 9, 2019.

1. "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh

Here's a video example.

Troubleshooting Help:

What is your parts list? PCPartPicker Part List

Type​
    Item​
    Price
    CPU
    $471.99 @ Amazon
    CPU Cooler
    $179.99 @ Newegg
    Motherboard
    $203.98 @ Newegg
    Memory
    $77.99 @ Newegg
    Memory
    $77.99 @ Newegg
    Storage
    $132.54
    Storage
    $87.99 @ Amazon
    Storage
    $109.97 @ Amazon
    Video Card
    $1199.99 @ Best Buy
    Case
    $139.99 @ Amazon
    Power Supply
    $199.98 @ Amazon
    Case Fan
    $22.90 @ Amazon
    Case Fan
    $22.90 @ Amazon
    Case Fan
    $22.90 @ Amazon
    Keyboard
    -
    Mouse
    $120.99 @ Newegg
    Headphones
    $163.22 @ Amazon
    UPS
    $189.95 @ Amazon
    Custom
    $149.99 @ Best Buy
    Custom
    $7.99 @ Amazon
    Custom
    $649.99 @ Amazon
    Custom
    $649.99 @ Amazon
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total
    $4883.22
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-08 11:33 EST-0500​

On a fresh boot, "Uninstall a program" in Control Panel takes insanely long to load. I also noticed this once with my "Downloads" folder.

Ran Samsung's health program to check storage, both are totally fine (500GB Samsung SSD for OS and main programs, 1TB Samsung SSD for storage [which is where I have my Downloads folder routed to])

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Klubhead
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Klubhead, Dec 9, 2019

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 9, 2019
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Dec 9, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

"Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

The "Control Panel uninstall list" is called Programs and Features. It only lists the programs you, the user, have installed personally.
    The apps that come with Windows 10 are not included in Programs and Features.
    Some of those apps can be uninstalled by right clicking at them > click Uninstall.
    Some you cannot uninstall without special way. If you have some of those, please post back with the names.
    And then there are some you just can NOT uninstall.

davidhk, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

"Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh

1. "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh - Similar Threads - Control Panel Uninstall

2. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  3. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  4. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. control panel uninstall issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    control panel uninstall issue: [ATTACH] when I was uninstalling Aim Lab through control panel, the icon is gone, but it still says its uninstalling. how do I fix this? here's the error message btw:...
  6. uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs: HP support says that I need to uninstall and re-install a utility program called "HP Scan Extended HPscan.exe" in order to fix a problem with that program. So I go to Windows Control Panel Programs and Features, but the uninstall hangs. I try to cancel it but it won't cancel....
  7. Uninstall or Change Program window in Win 10 Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall or Change Program window in Win 10 Control Panel: Have Win 10 installed on Desktop CPU and keep it updated regularly. Have a program that I would like / need to repair, but find that the Win 10 Control Panel window for Uninstall or Change a Program provides NO change or repair option only has the Uninstall option. When I...
  8. Install/Uninstall programs control panel dark theme problem

Install/Uninstall programs control panel dark theme problem: Hello.Yesterday, I updated my windows to 1903 version. Everything is up to date.I realise after turning to dark theme this problem. Everything is okay in dark theme even the file explorer, except this. It's very difficult to read the names of the programs. Is there any...
  9. Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.: For some reason when i go to control panel and click on Uninstall a program nothing happens. I restarted my PC and the problems still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-uninstall-a-program-in-control-panel/06f37371-74b3-45a5-9092-8df42687f92f
  10. Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features: Hi all, To start we have three separate installation packages (Windows Installer .msi's) we create. They basically work fine with no needed modifications to work in the Windows 10 World. Once on the system, we are able to remove 2 of the three from System-Apps &...