Windows 10: Control shift N not working

Discus and support Control shift N not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to be able to use Control shift N to create a new folder in Windows 10 on the desktop for instance. I know that that is one of the built-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wp51dos, Mar 29, 2019.

1. wp51dos Win User

Control shift N not working

I want to be able to use Control shift N to create a new folder in Windows 10 on the desktop for instance.

I know that that is one of the built-in shortcuts, but I can't get it to work.

Maybe Control shift N got reassigned.

Is there a place I can check that?

I have googled and looked in textbooks.

:)

wp51dos, Mar 29, 2019
  2. KatJB Win User

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Mar 29, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Mar 29, 2019
  4. CJSmyth99 Win User

Control shift escape not working

Hi! I've been using control shift escape for years now and it's always been so much easier than lots of clicks or typing. But the shortcut mysteriously stopped working. I've checked for viruses and I can still access task manager through the other means.
    How do I enable the control shift escape shortcut again?

CJSmyth99, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Control shift N not working - Similar Threads - Control shift working

2. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...: The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift n for a capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase. All other keys work normally. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  3. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...: The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift n for a capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase. All other keys work normally. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  4. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11: Hello.I ran into issue after I wanted to create new folder in Explorer with Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut. It doesn't work. I tried it in Microsoft Edge - it should open new private window, but nothing happens too.I have new laptop - Asus TUF Dash F15 2022 FX517ZM_FX517ZM in...
  6. Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11: Hello.I ran into issue after I wanted to create new folder in Explorer with Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut. It doesn't work. I tried it in Microsoft Edge - it should open new private window, but nothing happens too.I have new laptop - Asus TUF Dash F15 2022 FX517ZM_FX517ZM in...
  7. Cant press shift + n in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant press shift + n in games: So in games i cant seem to press shift + n but on anything else i can for e.g discord or my browser, i dont know whats causing this issue any help would be appreciated...
  8. Control shift N not working

Control shift N not working: Since I installed avast antivirus ctrl+shift+n is not working in google chrome open new incognito tab nether in windows explorer. First in any program when I press ctrl+shift+n the avast secure browser opened, I removed the avast antivirus and the browser and now nothing...
  9. Ctrl shift n is not working

Ctrl shift n is not working: Ctrl shift n is not working in any program. Nether chrome nether windows explorer. After I installed the avast secure browser the ctrl shift n was set to open this program. I tried to disable it. I tried to uninstall the program and then the ctrl shift n didn't worked at all....
  10. MY SHIFT AND CONTROL BUTTONS ARENT WORKING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY SHIFT AND CONTROL BUTTONS ARENT WORKING: MY SHIFT AND CONTROL BUTTONS ARENT WORKING. ALSO WIFI BUTTON WONT COME BACK ON AND BIOS IS GONE. ALL THESE THINGS HAVE HAPPENED AT DIFFERENT TIMES....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift n not working