Windows 10: Control shift N not working

Discus and support Control shift N not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since I installed avast antivirus ctrl+shift+n is not working in google chrome open new incognito tab nether in windows explorer. First in any program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thiagode Bilek, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Control shift N not working

Since I installed avast antivirus ctrl+shift+n is not working in google chrome open new incognito tab nether in windows explorer. First in any program when I press ctrl+shift+n the avast secure browser opened, I removed the avast antivirus and the browser and now nothing happens whe I press ctrl+shift+n.

How can I fix it?​

:)

Thiagode Bilek, Jul 13, 2020
  2. wp51dos Win User

Control shift N not working

I want to be able to use Control shift N to create a new folder in Windows 10 on the desktop for instance.

I know that that is one of the built-in shortcuts, but I can't get it to work.

Maybe Control shift N got reassigned.

Is there a place I can check that?

I have googled and looked in textbooks.

wp51dos, Jul 13, 2020
  3. wp51dos Win User

I will try using repair upgrade. I have already tried SFC /scannow , which did not find any problems.

I am running Windows 10 (1809 17763.379) .

thank you for your prompt reply.

Do you know any way to show which hotkeys are active? Perhaps this shortcut to ( control shift N) got changed to something else (if so, whatever it was pointing toward must be gone because when I press control shift N, nothing happens)

wp51dos, Jul 13, 2020
  4. wp51dos Win User

thank you for the reply. I am running the latest version of the Windows 10 (1809 17763.379) . Do you know any way to show which hotkeys are active? Perhaps I or one of the people at work changed it to something else (if so, whatever it was pointing toward
    must be gone because when I press control shift N, nothing happens)

wp51dos, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Control shift N not working - Similar Threads - Control shift working

2. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...: The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift n for a capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase. All other keys work normally. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  3. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...: The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift n for a capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase. All other keys work normally. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  4. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11: Hello.I ran into issue after I wanted to create new folder in Explorer with Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut. It doesn't work. I tried it in Microsoft Edge - it should open new private window, but nothing happens too.I have new laptop - Asus TUF Dash F15 2022 FX517ZM_FX517ZM in...
  6. Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11

Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11: Hello.I ran into issue after I wanted to create new folder in Explorer with Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut. It doesn't work. I tried it in Microsoft Edge - it should open new private window, but nothing happens too.I have new laptop - Asus TUF Dash F15 2022 FX517ZM_FX517ZM in...
  7. Cant press shift + n in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant press shift + n in games: So in games i cant seem to press shift + n but on anything else i can for e.g discord or my browser, i dont know whats causing this issue any help would be appreciated...
  8. Ctrl shift n is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl shift n is not working: Ctrl shift n is not working in any program. Nether chrome nether windows explorer. After I installed the avast secure browser the ctrl shift n was set to open this program. I tried to disable it. I tried to uninstall the program and then the ctrl shift n didn't worked at all....
  9. MY SHIFT AND CONTROL BUTTONS ARENT WORKING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY SHIFT AND CONTROL BUTTONS ARENT WORKING: MY SHIFT AND CONTROL BUTTONS ARENT WORKING. ALSO WIFI BUTTON WONT COME BACK ON AND BIOS IS GONE. ALL THESE THINGS HAVE HAPPENED AT DIFFERENT TIMES....
  10. Control shift N not working

Control shift N not working: I want to be able to use Control shift N to create a new folder in Windows 10 on the desktop for instance. I know that that is one of the built-in shortcuts, but I can't get it to work. Maybe Control shift N got reassigned. Is there a place I can check that? I have...