Windows 10: control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working

Discus and support control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to remove an account from my laptop and I decided to use this command but it is not working....on my pc it is not showing the yes... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TiredGamer207, Nov 30, 2019.

1. control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working

Hi,
    I wanted to remove an account from my laptop and I decided to use this command but it is not working....on my pc it is not showing the yes button.....

Please help....

control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working 5b42fed7-3838-41c3-b365-c6f89eb9656c?upload=true.png

:)

TiredGamer207, Nov 30, 2019

2. How do I completely remove the sign in password. Netplwiz and control userpasswords2 do not work. None of the remedies on the forum works.

Remove sign in password, do not suggest netplwiz or userpasswords2, they do not work.

JerryPfaffly, Nov 30, 2019
  3. LevZak Win User
    Disabling password in Window 10. Neither Netwplwiz, nor "control userpasswords2" work

I have follwoed the advise to use "control userpasswords2" and restarted my computer thereafter. It worked once, that is I didn't have to enter my password after the restart. However, the very next
    time my screen went off due to a certain period of inactivity, my comp requested to enter my password again. The same happens with netplwiz command!

Also, can my Window password and MS Account password be different and how to do this?

LevZak, Nov 30, 2019
  4. control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working

where do I type netplwiz

You can type this as alternative

Press Windows key + R or

Type: control userpasswords2 or netplwiz

Hit Enter

Uncheck, Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer

Andre Da Costa, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working

1. control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working - Similar Threads - control userpasswords2 netplwiz

2. netplwiz not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    netplwiz not working: I tried all the solutions the internet had to offer to disable your password. Especially using netplwiz. It worked for a while, and I guess it doesn't work anymore. Help!...
  3. netplwiz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    netplwiz: I did thye procedure with unchecking password but when starting system still ask for passwords to login? Thank you TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netplwiz/4f1f6642-148b-4dc9-94c7-f03183f6b50f
  4. Netplwiz option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Netplwiz option: Hi, I'm trying to disable the password for a computer/account, and I've used the netplwiz/User Accounts app to do this in the past, but now I don't see the checkbox for "Users must enter a username and password...". I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. Thanks, Matt...
  5. netplwiz

in Windows 10 Customization
    netplwiz: after changing name of user using netplwiz then we cannot open any app(setting,cotena,etc).show error that u are not link your current path setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netplwiz/5316bfe3-2809-46a3-b0cc-11fc42fa67f7
  6. Admin Access and Netplwiz command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Access and Netplwiz command: I am unable to access my downloaded programs or anything I download. I get the screen to run as admin but there is no place to enter password and no yes option. Only no. After researching online I find lots of solutions but none work for me. One example is using the...
  7. Netplwiz

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Netplwiz: I used Netplwiz to eliminate password log in. How do I reverse this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netplwiz/fbf7f3e6-a080-4b2c-bc6c-07069e9760d0
  8. Strange User Not in NETPLWIZ

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange User Not in NETPLWIZ: So this is strange and I am looking for any answers. I have Windows 10 64-bit Pro and I have two of them; wife and mine Now I am chasing another issue, but that's how I came across this. In netplwiz on my wife's system she only has one entry and it is her user. On mine...
  9. incorrect password after netplwiz

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    incorrect password after netplwiz: Hello. I wanted to disable login password to I ran netplwiz and unchecked that requirement. It worked, but now when I turn on my computer, it says my password or username is incorrect. I click ok and it gives me two "users" on the lower left hand corner. I choose the correct...
  10. No controller working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No controller working: Hi there, I just registered because I'm having problems with my controllers. My XBOX 360 controller stopped working. I've had my share of driver problems, but i since then resolved it and used it for months without any problem, and now it shows correctly in the driver...