Windows 10: control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working

Discus and support control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to remove an account from my laptop and I decided to use this command but it is not working....on my pc it is not showing the yes... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TiredGamer207, Nov 30, 2019.

1. control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working

Hi,
    I wanted to remove an account from my laptop and I decided to use this command but it is not working....on my pc it is not showing the yes button.....

Please help....

control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working 5b42fed7-3838-41c3-b365-c6f89eb9656c?upload=true.png

:)

TiredGamer207, Nov 30, 2019

2. How do I completely remove the sign in password. Netplwiz and control userpasswords2 do not work. None of the remedies on the forum works.

Remove sign in password, do not suggest netplwiz or userpasswords2, they do not work.

JerryPfaffly, Nov 30, 2019
  3. LevZak Win User
    Disabling password in Window 10. Neither Netwplwiz, nor "control userpasswords2" work

I have follwoed the advise to use "control userpasswords2" and restarted my computer thereafter. It worked once, that is I didn't have to enter my password after the restart. However, the very next
    time my screen went off due to a certain period of inactivity, my comp requested to enter my password again. The same happens with netplwiz command!

Also, can my Window password and MS Account password be different and how to do this?

LevZak, Nov 30, 2019
  4. control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working

where do I type netplwiz

You can type this as alternative

Press Windows key + R or

Type: control userpasswords2 or netplwiz

Hit Enter

Uncheck, Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer

Andre Da Costa, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working

1. control userpasswords2 and netplwiz not working - Similar Threads - control userpasswords2 netplwiz

2. netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netplwiz: I just got netplwiz to show the checkbox.I get that Microsoft wants to take a security first standpoint, and that is great.It's just that you hide some things now that I have to hunt for them.For instance, after a clean install on Windows 10 not 11 on this because, of course,...
  3. netplwiz AND control userpasswords2 do NOT open. How do I configure a secure autologon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netplwiz AND control userpasswords2 do NOT open. How do I configure a secure autologon...: Hello everyone,System information & disclosure:I am working on an IPC227E which has Windows 10 IoT entreprise 2016 on it. Latest update installed was WIN10 22H2 at the beggining of June 2023.I am using a local account. Windows Hello is not supported on this device. If you...
  4. netplwiz AND control userpasswords2 do NOT open. How do I configure a secure autologon...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netplwiz AND control userpasswords2 do NOT open. How do I configure a secure autologon...: Hello everyone,System information & disclosure:I am working on an IPC227E which has Windows 10 IoT entreprise 2016 on it. Latest update installed was WIN10 22H2 at the beggining of June 2023.I am using a local account. Windows Hello is not supported on this device. If you...
  5. netplwiz AND control userpasswords2 do NOT open. How do I configure a secure autologon...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. netplwiz doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    netplwiz doesn't work: Try to eliminate the sign in on window 10. But unchecking "users must enter name and password to use this computer" doesn't work in netplwiz for me. Can you help?"Nash"...
  7. No autologon on windows 10 pro n via control userpasswords2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No autologon on windows 10 pro n via control userpasswords2: [ATTACH] Hi, after I reinstalled the windows 10, I've realized that there is no option to set autologon by using control userpasswords2, and I have no idea how to setup autologin otherwise. I am currently using win 10 pro n, and I haven't got the same problem on win 10...
  8. User control access, NETPLWIZ, admin accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User control access, NETPLWIZ, admin accounts: I am running Win10, home user version, build 18363. I am listed as an administrator, but I cannot do any of the functions, troubleshooting, etc. When I run NETPLWIZ or o to control panel and try to change the account type the User Access Control screen pops up and says to...
  9. netplwiz not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    netplwiz not working: I tried all the solutions the internet had to offer to disable your password. Especially using netplwiz. It worked for a while, and I guess it doesn't work anymore. Help!...
  10. netplwiz

in Windows 10 Customization
    netplwiz: after changing name of user using netplwiz then we cannot open any app(setting,cotena,etc).show error that u are not link your current path setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netplwiz/5316bfe3-2809-46a3-b0cc-11fc42fa67f7