Windows 10: Control+v, Control+c, Control+z etc... not working anymore

Discus and support Control+v, Control+c, Control+z etc... not working anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi So if I type Control+c and select a bunch of text I get a 'c' written or displayed same with Control+v, my keyboard config is 'United state... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 3dxSZ, Mar 24, 2021.

1. 3dxSZ Win User

Control+v, Control+c, Control+z etc... not working anymore

Hi

So if I type Control+c and select a bunch of text I get a 'c' written or displayed same with Control+v, my keyboard config is 'United state international' and even if I switch to 'us' the problem persists, this everywhere.

Regards

:)

3dxSZ, Mar 24, 2021

2. Control C and Control V don't work

In Windows 10 (brand new Lenovo laptop) Control C and Control V don't work. How do I fix this?

I saw an older post from 2010, but can't find those options to delete and reinstall the keyboard driver.

Thanks!

RonBenfield, Mar 24, 2021
  3. some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

Hi,

Some of ctrl shortcuts with left control are suddenly not working anymore, like ctrl v,c,t but they are working with the right control key. They were working a few days ago. Also, ctrl z and x are working (with both left and right) so left control key
    IS working physically (on-screen keyboard also show the key being pressed).

A few random keys with left shift are also not responding like shift+5 and some others (seems absolutely random). Currently using Windows 10.

What I already tried (and failed, obviously):

• troubleshooter for keyboard
    • checked it in Safe Mode
    • uninstalled the keyboard driver (from device manager) and restart the computer
    • updating the keyboard driver (from device manager)
    • updating windows
    • signing out and creating a new account
    • resetting the BIOS to default
    • reinstalled the whole windows!!
    Although the shortcuts are working with an external keyboard.

Please Help me I have tried many things but none are working... And I can't keep using the external keyboard, and these shortcuts not working is super frustrating!!! HELP!!!

Abdul MoizFarooq, Mar 24, 2021
  4. gurs Win User

Control-Z Not Working System-Wide

My Control-Z shortcut for undo stopped working a few weeks ago. It doesn't work in any application or on the desktop. To be clear, the Undo function still works fine if selected from the menu or shortcut, but the keyboard combo CTRL-Z does nothing. All
    other keyboard shortcuts that I generally use (and I use a lot of them) still work fine, like CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-V, CTRL-W, CTRL-S, etc. To my knowledge, no other program on the computer uses CTRL-Z as a shortcut or hotkey. I have been using this PC for
    over a year and CTRL-Z worked fine until a few weeks ago.

I am unaware of any specific software installs or system updates that presaged this problem. I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 OS build 17763.379, fully updated as of this morning, with US English as the only installed language. Finally, this seems
    unlikely to be a system resource issue, since the PC is running a quad-core i7-6700K CPU @ 4GHz with 32 GB of RAM and has been rebooted multiple times.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thema:

1. Control+v, Control+c, Control+z etc... not working anymore - Similar Threads - Control+v Control+c Control+z

2. control c not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    control c not working: with Win11 it appears control c; control v; and possibly control A do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-c-not-working/ecc2ca39-116f-482e-a3aa-3f71ee161a25
  3. control c not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    control c not working: with Win11 it appears control c; control v; and possibly control A do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-c-not-working/ecc2ca39-116f-482e-a3aa-3f71ee161a25
  4. Control +C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control +C: Windows 11, control key+c does not copy, instead A massage come up asking to sign in for team or family and friends!How can I get ride of this? I appreciate any help!I should mention that I did all I could from here and internet! I deleted the team and people but problem...
  5. Control +C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control +C: Windows 11, control key+c does not copy, instead A massage come up asking to sign in for team or family and friends!How can I get ride of this? I appreciate any help!I should mention that I did all I could from here and internet! I deleted the team and people but problem...
  6. None of my controllers work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    None of my controllers work anymore: Only my Xbox Series controller seems to work but only the sticks and the LT and RT buttons respond, the others don't work anymore. I don't know what to do anymore. submitted by /u/UnidentifiedFellow [link] [comments]...
  7. COntrol C and COntrol V stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    COntrol C and COntrol V stopped working: I dont understand why I have to read and work through a range of solutions that do not solve this problem.Can I please get a direct and accurate reply?...
  8. Controller not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working anymore: My Dualshock ps4 controller no longer works with my Asos laptop. It used to work on Fortnite and then something changed. I recently installed Warzone, and it didn't connect, and now it doesn't work on anything. It connects, but doesn't do anything. I have installed drivers...
  9. Pro Controller Not Working With PC Anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pro Controller Not Working With PC Anymore: I normally play my PC games with the Switch Pro controller, but in the middle of playing a steam game my controller stopped working all together. My PC detects the pro controller in "Control Panel Devices" but in the actual "Game Controllers" configuration it does not show up...
  10. Control-Z Not Working System-Wide

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Control-Z Not Working System-Wide: My Control-Z shortcut for undo stopped working a few weeks ago. It doesn't work in any application or on the desktop. To be clear, the Undo function still works fine if selected from the menu or shortcut, but the keyboard combo CTRL-Z does nothing. All other keyboard...