Windows 10: Control-Z Not Working System-Wide

Discus and support Control-Z Not Working System-Wide in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Control-Z shortcut for undo stopped working a few weeks ago. It doesn't work in any application or on the desktop. To be clear, the Undo function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gurs, Mar 22, 2019.

1. gurs Win User

Control-Z Not Working System-Wide

My Control-Z shortcut for undo stopped working a few weeks ago. It doesn't work in any application or on the desktop. To be clear, the Undo function still works fine if selected from the menu or shortcut, but the keyboard combo CTRL-Z does nothing. All other keyboard shortcuts that I generally use (and I use a lot of them) still work fine, like CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-V, CTRL-W, CTRL-S, etc. To my knowledge, no other program on the computer uses CTRL-Z as a shortcut or hotkey. I have been using this PC for over a year and CTRL-Z worked fine until a few weeks ago.

I am unaware of any specific software installs or system updates that presaged this problem. I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 OS build 17763.379, fully updated as of this morning, with US English as the only installed language. Finally, this seems unlikely to be a system resource issue, since the PC is running a quad-core i7-6700K CPU @ 4GHz with 32 GB of RAM and has been rebooted multiple times.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

:)

2. Mark Isi Win User

System Z

Hello,

For this issue, we'll be needing more information regarding this System Z that you are having issues with. Kindly provide more details, and answer the following information:

• Is this System Z a program, system file, an unrecognized disk drive, or hardware/device?
    • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the appearance of this System Z?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    If you could also provide a screenshot, that would be much helpful in further assessing this issue. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Noperil Win User
    System Z

After applying the fix below, as suggested by Rose Ter in the community forum, system Z went away. It returned within a day and I reapplied the fix and it disappeared again. That was 4 days ago and system Z has not returned.

For your questions. That new drive labeled (Z: ) is the restore partition which is added to give you the option of restoring back to your previous version of Windows.
    It is nothing to worry about, and should not be deleted.

For instance, that you still want to remove Drive Z, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel and click on Network and Internet.

2. Under Internet Options, click on delete browsing history and cookies.

3. Under browsing history, click settings make sure you have it on automatic and have 1024 MB in the box.

4. Click ok, then restart your computer this should get rid of the Drive Z.

Noperil, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Control-Z Not Working System-Wide

Jeraldine Ase, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Control-Z Not Working System-Wide

1. Control-Z Not Working System-Wide - Similar Threads - Control Working System

2. CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera: I have the same problem as this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-z-not-working-system-wide/01f5274f-3f16-4f1f-8bf7-e911ba5ce034I have already tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but now Im trying to use Windows Power Toys to remap keys but...
  3. CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera: I have the same problem as this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-z-not-working-system-wide/01f5274f-3f16-4f1f-8bf7-e911ba5ce034I have already tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but now Im trying to use Windows Power Toys to remap keys but...
  4. Ctrl + Shift + P not working system-wide?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl + Shift + P not working system-wide?: Does anyone know why this might be the case? I first noticed it in Adobe Illustrator a while ago and thought Illustrator was bugged out or something. And now I've just come across another program that requires Crtl + Shift + P to do something and it does nothing, which made...
  5. Control+v, Control+c, Control+z etc... not working anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control+v, Control+c, Control+z etc... not working anymore: Hi So if I type Control+c and select a bunch of text I get a 'c' written or displayed same with Control+v, my keyboard config is 'United state international' and even if I switch to 'us' the problem persists, this everywhere. Regards...
  6. System-wide stutter

System-wide stutter: Hello. I have had my PC for 1 1/2 years now and I have had this issue before. I don't know what causes it to start but for some reason, it decides to stutter. The fix last time was to install a fresh copy of windows, but that didn't work this time. I am very confused and...
  7. System wide reminders?

System wide reminders?: Is there any software with which you can set up a reminder through a shortcut, regardless of where you are in windows? Ideally, I’d love to have one where you can use natural language. For example, "in 10 minutes remind me to call John". This is some thing I was able to do on...
  8. ctrl+z undo doesn't work system wide. Is there a solution to this?

ctrl+z undo doesn't work system wide. Is there a solution to this?: I've been searching google with no luck, so i decided to turn to reddit to see if anyone knew how to fix this mess. submitted by /u/TobiasNH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j925up/ctrlz_undo_doesnt_work_system_wide_is_there_a/
  9. System wide VPN connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System wide VPN connection: I have a vpn connection to a windows server L2tp, that works ok. But i have several user accounts on this windows 10 professional computer, and each of the users needs to be connected to the same vpn server ... using their own login, but that is not a requirement, as long...
  10. Changing System Wide Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing System Wide Font: Good Afternoon, Win 10 Pro x64. Fully up to date as of 25-AUG-2015 @ 1647. I still cannot change the font system wide. Can someone please provide me with a Orthodox method to change the system font? Orthodox = non registry hacking. The "Install" button is still...