Windows 10: Controlled Access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe Do I allow it?

Discus and support Controlled Access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe Do I allow it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My controlled access just blocked WmiPrvSE.exe. Should I allow it in?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mark 20260, May 14, 2019.

1. Controlled Access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe Do I allow it?

My controlled access just blocked WmiPrvSE.exe. Should I allow it in?

:)

Mark 20260, May 14, 2019
  2. avilerner Win User

controlled file access and wmiprvse

I am Windows 10 and I have controlled file access activated. I keep getting messages that wmiprvse.exe is being blocked for memory change.

Does wmiprvse normally change storage or files?

Should I allow it to do so?

What is the full , legitimate path to the exe to allow it to update?

What happens if I continue to block it?

Thank You,

Avi Lerner

avilerner, May 14, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    controlled file access and wmiprvse

Hi Avi

wmiprvse is totally safe and you can allow that through Controlled folder access

wmiprvse is the Windows Management Instrumentation Provider Service and is an integral part of the Windows OS

The full legit path of that service is:

C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WmiPrvSE.ex

DaveM121, May 14, 2019
  4. AMX& Win User

Controlled Access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe Do I allow it?

Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Controlled Access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe Do I allow it?

1. Controlled Access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe Do I allow it? - Similar Threads - Controlled Access blocked

2. Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access blocking allowed Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access blocking allowed Apps: Hi, since the recent update to Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access is constantly blocking allowed software I need on pc. Mainly its Adobe Software particularly Illustrator and WD Acronis True Image. I need these for work and its getting frustrating and the software is slower...
  3. do I allow control folder access to " \Device\HarddiskVolume28 " ?

do I allow control folder access to " \Device\HarddiskVolume28 " ?: from the truncated name above that shows as blocked in cfa I don't know what program this comes from. I do not know whether to allow this through cfa. can some body please help?...
  4. Controlled Folder Access Blocked

Controlled Folder Access Blocked: Since I installed the latest feature upgrade a few days ago, I have been getting constant messages entitled "Controlled Folder Access Blocked" and I have not been able to make changes to Excel files. I have had these messages for Excel, Explorer, MS Edge, Chrome files. I...
  5. WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/u9rb6s0p36m41.png?width=539&format=png&auto=webp&s=86842833ec848100cd3f1e238505b446aa4613d2 i got this notifications today, i think it's related to the latest win10 update, i have allowed it now but maybe it's going to break things if it...
  6. Controlled folder access blocked

Controlled folder access blocked: All of a sudden over the past couple of weeks, I am getting controlled folder access blocked messages. As time goes by, the messages are coming with increasing frequency. At first it was blocking programs like Foxit and CCleaner. The latest blocks are: Controlled Folder...
  7. controlled file access and wmiprvse

controlled file access and wmiprvse: I am Windows 10 and I have controlled file access activated. I keep getting messages that wmiprvse.exe is being blocked for memory change. Does wmiprvse normally change storage or files? Should I allow it to do so? What is the full , legitimate path to the exe to allow it...
  8. Controlled-folder Access Blocked

Controlled-folder Access Blocked: I have started having a message saying "Controlled-folder access blocked" whenever I try to run programs. It says that Windows Defender is blocking them. These are popular programs. I have never had this problem before. I don't know what started causing this or how to fix...
  9. Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app

Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app: I have gone through the repeated tedium of adding, one at a time, .exe files to the list of programs allowed through Win10's Controlled Folder Access. This typically works fine. I usually have to restart the app in question, and occasionally seem to have to reboot, but...
  10. Controlled folder access block

Controlled folder access block: Yesterday morning I was playing a game on my Windows 10 PC that requires me to have the disc inserted in my CD drive. When I went to play it today, I received a message that there was no disc inserted. I opened my CD drive and, lo and behold, my disc was right there. When I...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmiprvse.exe blocked

2. im blocking wmiprvse.exe with windows defender

3. controlled folder access blocked C:\windows...\WmiPrvSE.exe

4. wmiprvse Controlled folder access,
  5. wmiprvse.exe filehow to allow\,
  6. my windows keep blocking this web wmiprvse.exe. what is that website for?,
  7. what is wmiprvse.exe and should i delete it?,
  8. wmiprvse.exe blocked windows defender,
  9. protected folder access blocked wmiprvse.exe,
  10. firewall wmiprvse block,