Windows 10: controlled file access and wmiprvse

Discus and support controlled file access and wmiprvse in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am Windows 10 and I have controlled file access activated. I keep getting messages that wmiprvse.exe is being blocked for memory change. Does... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by avilerner, Jan 5, 2019.

1. avilerner Win User

controlled file access and wmiprvse

I am Windows 10 and I have controlled file access activated. I keep getting messages that wmiprvse.exe is being blocked for memory change.

Does wmiprvse normally change storage or files?

Should I allow it to do so?

What is the full , legitimate path to the exe to allow it to update?

What happens if I continue to block it?

Thank You,

Avi Lerner

:)

avilerner, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Jan 5, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      controlled file access and wmiprvse [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Jan 5, 2019
  4. controlled file access and wmiprvse

windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

controlled file access and wmiprvse

1. controlled file access and wmiprvse - Similar Threads - controlled file access

2. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  3. Inconsistent Controlled file access behaviour 1809 LTSC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inconsistent Controlled file access behaviour 1809 LTSC: Dont want to pollute the tutorial thread with this problem, seems to be one of many apparent bugs I have come across. But here is the description of the problem. So today I started looking into this feature, I had noticed it was already turned on for a while on the default...
  4. Wmiprvse causing occasional 100% CPU usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wmiprvse causing occasional 100% CPU usage?: There seems to be a lot of info out there about this, but none of the scenarios seem to be a good match for what I'm experiencing, and the solutions all smack of "ensure the power cable is plugged in." So here's my situation. Pretty much since the very first day I installed...
  5. WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/u9rb6s0p36m41.png?width=539&format=png&auto=webp&s=86842833ec848100cd3f1e238505b446aa4613d2 i got this notifications today, i think it's related to the latest win10 update, i have allowed it now but maybe it's going to break things if it...
  6. controlled folder access

controlled folder access: My real-time protection, cloud-delivered protection, automatic sample submission, tamper protections all are off. I try to on it. but it doesn't work. It says to on the controlled folder access. but when I try to on that option. it doesn't work. It says, "protects files,...
  7. Controlled Folder Access -- what file was protected?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Controlled Folder Access -- what file was protected?: I just activated Controlled Folder Access and noticed that it blocks Quicken (qw.exe). Despite being blocked, Quicken seems to work OK. How can I tell what file Quicken was attempting to modify?...
  8. Controlled Folder Access

Controlled Folder Access: Trying to use Controlled Folder access on a couple of machines. I am running into an issue where after about a day defender notifications no longer appear in the action center nor are they logged by defender in event viewer. If i look in event viewer at the defender...
  9. controlled access

controlled access: I cannot find the file specified in the notification. \program..\soffice.bin from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\documents I tried to search on C:\ for each file but I cannot find either of them This comes up every time I launch open office. But the program...
  10. WmiPrvSe ext hdd activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WmiPrvSe ext hdd activity: I have an external HDD and from what I can see in the task manager, it is constantly being read or used by some process. I ran Process Monitor and filtered it down the the drive letter and I see that the process wmiprvse is the only process there. I did some research on it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmiprvse Controlled folder access

2. wmiprvse.exe blocked

3. wmiprvse windows 10 what is it

4. memory changes blocked,
  5. what is c windows wmiprvse.exe,
  6. message on windows 10 saying controlled folder access blocked c:\programme f...\hpsscan.exe from making changes