Windows 10: Controlled folder access blocks svchost.exe application

Discus and support Controlled folder access blocks svchost.exe application in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Yesterday I enabled controlled folder access in Microsoft Defender Antivirus (Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iwiik, Aug 5, 2020.

1. /u/iwiik Win User

Controlled folder access blocks svchost.exe application

Controlled folder access blocks svchost.exe application AWwN66xDGxqkAmGQxC0rGehE4lcHPXY1gKhK7Chigpg.jpg

Yesterday I enabled controlled folder access in Microsoft Defender Antivirus (Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Settings > Controlled folder access = On). Today every few minutes I get the message that svchost.exe tries to write in %userprofile%\Videos directory. Why does svchost.exe access %userprofile%\Videos directory, and is it safe to allow it to do this?

The message I get states that: "You can allow apps to access your protected folders, but you should only allow apps that you trust".

I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004.

https://preview.redd.it/t37gpsqnj5f...bp&s=47d6c84ce9b5746b8f07ae51e6191a93bb11da66

submitted by /u/iwiik
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iwiik, Aug 5, 2020

2. Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe from making changes to memory.

svchost.exe is a system program why is it blocked?

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe from making changes to memory.

Detection time: 2018-05-29T19:58:18.389Z

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Path: \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

Signature Version: 1.269.277.0

Engine Version: 1.1.14901.4

Product Version: 4.14.17639.18041

n33dforsp33d, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Controlled folder access blocking important applications

The following programs/applications are being blocked by Controlled folder access

1 ddvdatacollector

2 osprofilecollector

3 runtimebroker

should I allow these apps through Controlled folder access?

Are these apps safe?

Ridingkiunaiza, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Controlled Folder Access blocked

Hi Aeolus0,

The Controlled Folder Access is an enterprise-class ransomware protection component that was recently added to Windows Defender. When you turn on Controlled folder access, a lot of the folders you use most often will be protected by default. This means that
    content in any of these folders cannot be accessed or changed by any unknown or untrusted apps. Once you add additional folders, they become automatically protected as well. To add protected folders:

• Select Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, select Protected folders.
    • Select Add a protected folder and follow the prompts to add folders.

If you see an App is blocked message when you try to use a familiar app, you can simply unblock the app. If this message displays:

• Write down or take note of the path of the blocked app.
    • Select the message, and then select Add an allowed app.
    • Browse for the program you want to allow access.

As for your query about having no sounds on your computer, it could be caused by an outdated or corrupted audio driver. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer's website of your device?

Meanwhile, you can try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot sound issues on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Controlled folder access blocks svchost.exe application - Similar Threads - Controlled folder access

2. Controlled folder access blocked Viber.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controlled folder access blocked Viber.exe: Hello!I have received a Notification from Virus And Threat Protection.The Controlled Folder Access Blocked Viber.exeI think the report is a mistake!Viber is not a virus!It's a chat app!Screenshot:...
  3. CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS BLOCKS EVERYTHING!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS BLOCKS EVERYTHING!: From the past couple of days I've been getting notifications telling that controlled folder access has blocked unauthorizedchanges from making changes.attached a screenshot of some of the blocked ones.The problem is most of these blocked ones are system processorseverything...
  4. Svchost blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Svchost blocked: Hey i am Evan I am having problem in my computer When i go to ms-store > download and updates > then when i click get updates then ms store lags and a message come from my antivirus svchost.exe blocked . And in my pc i can't update my apps like minecraft , roblox . Please...
  5. Controlled folder access blocked

Controlled folder access blocked: After updating to the latest version of Windows 10, I got a notification of "controlled folder access blocked". I don't know what this means or what I should do....
  6. Controlled Folder Access Blocked

Controlled Folder Access Blocked: Since I installed the latest feature upgrade a few days ago, I have been getting constant messages entitled "Controlled Folder Access Blocked" and I have not been able to make changes to Excel files. I have had these messages for Excel, Explorer, MS Edge, Chrome files. I...
  7. Controlled folder access blocked a program

Controlled folder access blocked a program: Hi. I daily get notification on windows 10 about blocking of xyz by controlled folder access to memory. But I have already included that app in allowed apps still I get this daily. Somebody help. Thanks...
  8. Controlled folder access blocked

Controlled folder access blocked: All of a sudden over the past couple of weeks, I am getting controlled folder access blocked messages. As time goes by, the messages are coming with increasing frequency. At first it was blocking programs like Foxit and CCleaner. The latest blocks are: Controlled Folder...
  9. Controlled-folder Access Blocked

Controlled-folder Access Blocked: I have started having a message saying "Controlled-folder access blocked" whenever I try to run programs. It says that Windows Defender is blocking them. These are popular programs. I have never had this problem before. I don't know what started causing this or how to fix...
  10. Controlled folder access block

Controlled folder access block: Yesterday morning I was playing a game on my Windows 10 PC that requires me to have the disc inserted in my CD drive. When I went to play it today, I received a message that there was no disc inserted. I opened my CD drive and, lo and behold, my disc was right there. When I...