Windows 10: Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) in Windows 10

Discus and support Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TeamsMe [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TeamsMe, May 25, 2020.

1. Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) in Windows 10

/u/TeamsMe, May 25, 2020
  2. trparky Win User

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, May 25, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, May 25, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) in Windows 10

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

lol

Solaris17, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) in Windows 10

1. Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Controlled Folder Access

2. Windows Security Ransomware Protection Controlled folder access Can't toggle on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Ransomware Protection Controlled folder access Can't toggle on: I recently was looking through my Windows Security and when I opened ransomware protection the toggle was in the off position. I've tried repeatedly clicking on the toggle to turn it on and nothing happens. Is there anything I can do about this or is this normal since I have...
  3. Windows Security Ransomware Protection Controlled folder access Can't toggle on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Ransomware Protection Controlled folder access Can't toggle on: I recently was looking through my Windows Security and when I opened ransomware protection the toggle was in the off position. I've tried repeatedly clicking on the toggle to turn it on and nothing happens. Is there anything I can do about this or is this normal since I have...
  4. Removing protected folders in controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing protected folders in controlled folder access: As it stands, I am unable to remove the base folders from the Protected Folders list. This would normally be fine except any game I download from Steam that writes settings/save files to the "C:\users\[user]\documents" path is caught as malicious by windows defender. While I...
  5. Removing protected folders in controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing protected folders in controlled folder access: As it stands, I am unable to remove the base folders from the Protected Folders list. This would normally be fine except any game I download from Steam that writes settings/save files to the "C:\users\[user]\documents" path is caught as malicious by windows defender. While I...
  6. Access to Ransomware Protection blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to Ransomware Protection blocked: I've seen multiple articles published recently that mention that Microsoft has built in ransomeware protection in Windows 10 and suggest that you can access this protection by specifying "Rasomware Protection" in the search bar. I've done this but when I press enter to access...
  7. Whitelisting WSL in ransomware controlled folder access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whitelisting WSL in ransomware controlled folder access?: How would I do this? Looking at the recent block stuff, the pathway looks like this. Is there a way I can tell Windows 'if it comes from WSL, let it through'? Or is that insecure in nature? I have the controlled folder thing protecting my attached Google drive folder, but...
  8. Ransomware Protection: How to use Controlled folder access?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware Protection: How to use Controlled folder access?: Nowadays, ransomwares are considered great risks for users. They infect system and encrypt your files and ask you to pay money to gives you the key to decrypt them. Even if you made payment, there is no guarantee to get back all your files and paying them would make...
  9. Ransomware protection saying "No action needed", but Controlled folder access switched off.

Ransomware protection saying "No action needed", but Controlled folder access switched off.: Is this right, if not any thoughts please? FYI - a Windows Defender scan shows no problems, I've also run a couple of other scans just to check and all showing ok....
  10. Why is Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) blocking system services and...

Why is Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) blocking system services and...: When I was on build 1809 with ransomware protection enabled, I only got alerts for 3rd party programs trying to write to the controlled folders. Friday, Windows updated to 1903, and now I'm getting alerts that it is blocking Windows system files and services from protected...