Windows 10: Controlled folder access with another antivirus

Discus and support Controlled folder access with another antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would like to use the "Controlled folder access" functionnality in the latest version of Windows 10, to fight against ransomware. But i don't want... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tom scavo, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Tom scavo Win User

Controlled folder access with another antivirus

I would like to use the "Controlled folder access" functionnality in the latest version of Windows 10, to fight against ransomware.

But i don't want to use Windows Defender as an antivirus no virus scan in real time - okey for a CFA scan in real time.

How to do that ?

:)

Tom scavo, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Matt316 Win User

Controlled Folder Access

Hi.

I've been using Controlled Folder Access recently but I'm having a problem getting one application to change/create files. I use doPDF8 to create PDF files, but when CFA is active, it won't save my work. The notice explaining that something has tried accessing the folder only comes up once. (I assume that if you don't do anything about it, the program trying to access the file is put on the 'black list'.) Turning CFA off and then on again causes the notice to appear once more. However, the notice seems to suggest that it is C:\Windows\splwow64.exe that is trying to access/create the file, but when I put this into the 'allow app control' list, it still doesn't work. The only way I can find to get the PDF file created is to turn off CFA, create the file and then turn it back on again.

Any ideas?

Matt

(Windows 10 ver 1709)

Matt316, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Jsssssssss, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Is anyone using Windows Defender Controlled folder access?

You could usefully add event ID 1127 to that list...

Controlled folder access with another antivirus [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Controlled folder access with another antivirus - Similar Threads - Controlled folder access

2. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  3. Problem with Controlled folder access and third-party antivirus things-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Controlled folder access and third-party antivirus things-: My question is that I've been using this app called FL studios, Frooty loops, and its music and it's not working because of the Controlled folder access but when I got to Antivirus protection on the 'controlled Folder access' it doesn't show because I have a "third party...
  4. Problem with Controlled folder access and third-party antivirus things-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Controlled folder access and third-party antivirus things-: My question is that I've been using this app called FL studios, Frooty loops, and its music and it's not working because of the Controlled folder access but when I got to Antivirus protection on the 'controlled Folder access' it doesn't show because I have a "third party...
  5. Is Controlled Folder Access available when running a third party antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Controlled Folder Access available when running a third party antivirus: Hi, Windows 10 Pro Before I install the third party antivirus installed, I have enabled controlled folder access. After third party antivirus is installed, I occasionally get the warning in notification. But I don't appear to have way to access the controlled folder...
  6. controlled folder access

controlled folder access: My real-time protection, cloud-delivered protection, automatic sample submission, tamper protections all are off. I try to on it. but it doesn't work. It says to on the controlled folder access. but when I try to on that option. it doesn't work. It says, "protects files,...
  7. Controlled Folder Access Grayed out and Set to On. No AntiVirus installed and it's the same...

Controlled Folder Access Grayed out and Set to On. No AntiVirus installed and it's the same...: Everything was fine until it wasn't. Suddenly I couldn't save files from Atom as it says 'File not found. …'. Digged deeper in the web and found out that it's something to do with the Controlled Folder Access. Tried to access that page to change it but it says 'Your IT...
  8. idea for another accessibility controller!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    idea for another accessibility controller!!!: steering wheel with 4 paddle shifters 2 for shifting gears and other 2 will be as soft like LT RT on xbox controller but also add shifter or may have 2 models I like playing trucking sims like ATS and ETS2 I use a 360 controller usb to drive since I cant use feet so well. I...
  9. Controlled Folder Access

Controlled Folder Access: Trying to use Controlled Folder access on a couple of machines. I am running into an issue where after about a day defender notifications no longer appear in the action center nor are they logged by defender in event viewer. If i look in event viewer at the defender...
  10. Controlled folder access

Controlled folder access: For the last week the controlled folder access is blocking my Quicken program from updating or downloading anything. When I click on the notice it takes me to the allow app but when I open that to choose to allow app nothing is there! I really need to use my Quicken. How do...