Windows 10: Controller acting like a mouse

Discus and support Controller acting like a mouse in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cory M1, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Cory M1 Win User

Controller acting like a mouse

I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and wont go away even if I click on the controller buttons. I went into big picture mode on steam to try and disable to desktop config but the disable button is not there. plz help, i do not know what to do

:)

Cory M1, Jul 30, 2022
  2. JohnFaint Win User

Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and ****

JohnFaint, Jul 30, 2022
  3. Mouse acts as a controller

Pull the mouse driver, if it continues replace the mouse

eidairaman1, Jul 30, 2022
  4. BoyE Win User

Mouse acts as a controller

Back in september 2016 i bought a logitech g502, everything has been fine until now.
    A week ago it started acting as a controller in certain games such as The Witcher 3.
    The game would say "Press A to skip" but would go back to "Press Enter to skip" as soon as I unplugged the mouse.
    Also, windows becomes much less responsive when plugged in. for example:

- Deactivates the windows button (the one on the keyboard) (pressing it wont open the startmenu)
    - Cant switch to programs by clicking on them in the taskbar
    - Search function doesn't open when pressed.

And the lists goes on.

The funny thing is that this happens every computer that I plug it into.
    Tried on my new laptop (MSI GS73VR) and it immediately produced the same effects.

I've tried:
    - Installing new firmware on the mouse
    - Reinstalling drivers
    - Renaming xinput1_3.dll (someone said this could work)
    - Multiple different USB ports

The problem exists somewhere on the mouse or in the software on it.

Currently the only solution I see is throwing the mouse in the trashcan or launching it into orbit with a trebuchet.

P.S. Never owned a controller, so it isn't some other software playing games with me.

Thema:

1. Controller acting like a mouse - Similar Threads - Controller acting mouse

2. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?: This question was asked back in 2019 - it referred to windows 10- this issue is still an issue "I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and ****" and yes it is kinda...
  3. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?: This question was asked back in 2019 - it referred to windows 10- this issue is still an issue "I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and ****" and yes it is kinda...
  4. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  5. Controller Acting like a mouse

Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  6. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Controller acting like a mouse and keyboard on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse and keyboard on windows 10?: when ever i try and sprint in a game a keyboard pops up and its really annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse-and-keyboard-on/618d958c-2194-48a5-aa06-9a037c99e023
  8. Controller acting like a mouse and keyboard on windows 10?

Controller acting like a mouse and keyboard on windows 10?: when ever i try and sprint in a game a keyboard pops up and its really annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse-and-keyboard-on/618d958c-2194-48a5-aa06-9a037c99e023
  9. Controller acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  10. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?: I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and ****...